Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My issue, brain fog.. Can't figure this out.  (Read 7320 times)

Offline azmattaz06

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My issue, brain fog.. Can't figure this out.
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2014, 05:08:58 PM »
It's has been getting worse and worse, feels like I'm back at square one. Feels like the Ativan hasn't been helping as much lately. Idk what to do
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 115
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2014, 06:54:39 PM »
It's has been getting worse and worse, feels like I'm back at square one. Feels like the Ativan hasn't been helping as much lately. Idk what to do

I suggest you tell your doctor what is happening and ask for an Ativan dose increase. I know this isn't easy when you're suffering, but bailing at this point is likely to only prolong the agony if you have to start from scratch on another antidepressant. 

You could try taking omega-3/fish oil capsules. They have anti anxiety properties, but there is also some anecdotal evidence that they may speed up antidepressant kick-in a little though this hasn't been supported in a couple of small scale studies. Start on 1 capsule a day and increase it by 1 every 3-4 days up to 4-6 capsules/day.

And try to be busy to take your mind of all this. Go for walks, read an engrossing book, play video games, anything.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2014, 05:39:46 AM »
I'm definitely not going To bail out yet I know I haven't given Luvox enough time, i'll call and ask about an Ativan dose increase, i'll continue pushing through, it's just difficult to have a good week and then a really terrible couple days, thank you for the reply
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2014, 02:28:14 PM »
So I was telling Leo99 earlier my "fog" seems like more of a over thinking type of deal, can't focus or concoct rate because my thoughts are always racing.. If this is the case should I still
Be waiting for the meds or what I'm starting to scare myself
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2014, 04:31:46 PM »
So I was telling Leo99 earlier my "fog" seems like more of a over thinking type of deal, can't focus or concoct rate because my thoughts are always racing.. If this is the case should I still
Be waiting for the meds or what I'm starting to scare myself

Yes. Both anxiety and depression are partially the result of non conscious areas of the brain being in overdrive and bombarding the conscious frontal lobes with spurious data. This is what causes the concentration and memory problems. Antidepressants should slow this down, but it takes time.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2014, 04:34:43 AM »
So weird having good days almost a week, played basketball went to a concert than I simply go shower and boom I feel like crap again.. I think it's a mind thing but it's hard..
I think I am getting better though, my doc asked me to up my Luvox to 150MG but I don't wanna because I'm just starting to have good days why would I want to throw my brain off the loop again..
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2014, 05:59:31 AM »
I think I am getting better though, my doc asked me to up my Luvox to 150MG but I don't wanna because I'm just starting to have good days why would I want to throw my brain off the loop again..

By my calculation you've been on 100mg/day for just shy of 5 weeks, Matt, which is probably too early to draw any definite conclusions, though 100mg is at the low end of the typical therapeutic range. So, IMHO, you should wait to see what happens. This might be a temporary setback and you'll be back to making progress again in a day or two. However, if you're still going backwards after a week then a dose increase is likely to be your best option.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2014, 07:32:54 PM »
Is it normal to be such a slow process, sometimes wonder if I'm getting better at all
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2014, 07:40:50 PM »
Is it normal to be such a slow process, sometimes wonder if I'm getting better at all

Unfortunately, yes. Anywhere from 3-12 weeks. Antidepressants work by encouraging the growth of new brains cells which provide the therapeutic effect and this takes time.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline LynnC

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2014, 09:49:19 AM »
Azmattaz are you still dealing with the brain fog? I'm just curious since it's still a big part of how I'm feeling everyday. I've been on lex for 3 months now (the last 4 weeks on 10mg). I started to feel okay for a few days with a huge decrease in anxiety and depression and then it hit me all over again for the past few days...morning dread! anxiety, depression...it's very discouraging. I have no idea if it's normal or not...it's a slow progress to get to the other side.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything