Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My issue, brain fog.. Can't figure this out.  (Read 4265 times)

Offline insights

• Rec's: 94
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: My issue, brain fog.. Can't figure this out.
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2013, 06:03:23 AM »
I hate that I keep going out looking for answers and I read more bad stuff,  I just see people suffering from "brain fog" for years or months and months and I'm so scared of being one if those people.

Then stop doing it. Worrying about stuff that almost certainly won't happen is not doing yourself any favours, just the opposite.

Dr Google is often not a great source of information. Much of it is mis- or incomplete information that sows FUD which may itself trigger 'brain fog'! Brain fog can be the conscious brain being overloaded with information from the non conscious areas of the brain, particularly the overactive emotion processing parts of the limbic system which bogs the conscious down as it wastes resources deleting or correcting spurious warning signals.

Instead of trawling the Net go for a walk, even if it's only circuits of where you live. It'll do you and your anxiety far more good. Or see if your local library has any self help books on CBT, etc, which can teach you how to counter negative thinking. Get proactive in dealing with your troubles instead of taking on other people's tales of woe as your own.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline azmattaz06

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2013, 05:50:12 PM »
I agree I won't be doing any of that anymore I'm feeling ok today and I'm gonna build on it :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2013, 08:29:48 PM »
Well I'll stick to two 50MG a day doses, any idea why my "feelings"/anxiety are worst in the morning/afternoon than they are at night?

Cortisol (stress hormone) levels peak in early morning hours, around 4-6 AM. This often triggers the sympathetic nervous system which plays an active part in anxiety symptoms. My mental symptoms are variable by day, but I very commonly notice morning physical symptoms....heart pounding, difficulty sleeping if I've woken up, and this sort of nervous energy
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2013, 10:13:48 PM »
I've noticed one thing ever since I started Luvox I wake up once or twice every night, and since I upped to 100mg I'm having a little harder time falling asleep but I eventually do.
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2014, 09:59:26 PM »
I don't know if I'm having good days or getting used to it.. Still need time I know but like today I took a nap and felt kinda crappy after I woke up.. No idea why
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2014, 04:44:20 PM »
It's normal to still have bad days that make me feel back at step one right?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2014, 06:37:13 PM »
It's normal to still have bad days that make me feel back at step one right?

The occasional bad day is not a concern. Everyone has bad days, even those without an anxiety disorder. If they start happening frequently then either the dose needs to be increased or another med considered if you're already at the dose limit.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2014, 09:12:04 PM »
Only been on 100mg of Luvox for almost three weeks now so I think I still have to give it time..
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2014, 09:56:53 PM »
Only been on 100mg of Luvox for almost three weeks now so I think I still have to give it time..

Yes. Unfortunately, there are no shortcuts.  :(

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2014, 12:15:52 AM »
Yeah I'm trying to stay strong for the long road to feeling better, but when I get days like this I start to think crazy like is this my issue am I waiting for nothing. Idk my minds my worst enemy
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2014, 05:08:58 PM »
It's has been getting worse and worse, feels like I'm back at square one. Feels like the Ativan hasn't been helping as much lately. Idk what to do
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2014, 06:54:39 PM »
It's has been getting worse and worse, feels like I'm back at square one. Feels like the Ativan hasn't been helping as much lately. Idk what to do

I suggest you tell your doctor what is happening and ask for an Ativan dose increase. I know this isn't easy when you're suffering, but bailing at this point is likely to only prolong the agony if you have to start from scratch on another antidepressant. 

You could try taking omega-3/fish oil capsules. They have anti anxiety properties, but there is also some anecdotal evidence that they may speed up antidepressant kick-in a little though this hasn't been supported in a couple of small scale studies. Start on 1 capsule a day and increase it by 1 every 3-4 days up to 4-6 capsules/day.

And try to be busy to take your mind of all this. Go for walks, read an engrossing book, play video games, anything.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2014, 05:39:46 AM »
I'm definitely not going To bail out yet I know I haven't given Luvox enough time, i'll call and ask about an Ativan dose increase, i'll continue pushing through, it's just difficult to have a good week and then a really terrible couple days, thank you for the reply
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2014, 02:28:14 PM »
So I was telling Leo99 earlier my "fog" seems like more of a over thinking type of deal, can't focus or concoct rate because my thoughts are always racing.. If this is the case should I still
Be waiting for the meds or what I'm starting to scare myself
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2014, 04:31:46 PM »
So I was telling Leo99 earlier my "fog" seems like more of a over thinking type of deal, can't focus or concoct rate because my thoughts are always racing.. If this is the case should I still
Be waiting for the meds or what I'm starting to scare myself

Yes. Both anxiety and depression are partially the result of non conscious areas of the brain being in overdrive and bombarding the conscious frontal lobes with spurious data. This is what causes the concentration and memory problems. Antidepressants should slow this down, but it takes time.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Tags: