Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: My issue, brain fog.. Can't figure this out.  (Read 2764 times)

Offline insights

• Rec's: 66
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: My issue, brain fog.. Can't figure this out.
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2013, 10:17:33 PM »
I'm curious if I should take the Ativan again as needed, I've had a few bad times I wish I could have taken some.

The less anxiety you have the better.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline azmattaz06

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2013, 11:19:51 PM »
Yeah, I took one today I think it helped a tad.. Hopefully soon the meds start evening out in my system and I start feeling better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2013, 06:15:03 PM »
Woke up this morning feeling terrible, racing thoughts and my anxiety just hit me, felt clammy and freaked out.. I took another Ativan yesterday with the Christmas stress after a week of being off them, not sure if that's to blame or my recent move to 100MG of Luvox.. I think I'll try to stay off Ativan as it wasn't absolutely needed when I took it and see if that helps
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2013, 06:38:51 PM »
Woke up this morning feeling terrible, racing thoughts and my anxiety just hit me, felt clammy and freaked out.. I took another Ativan yesterday with the Christmas stress after a week of being off them, not sure if that's to blame or my recent move to 100MG of Luvox.

It was most likely the Luvox. Side-effects, including anxiety, may return or increase whenever antidepressant doses are raised and it can take a week or more for it to happen. They usually settle down after a week or two.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2013, 11:34:52 AM »
Don't worry about Luvox not working just because the lexapro did not.  The differences can vary considerably. Zoloft caused worsened anxiety and skin tingling for me, and the former never let up. Lexapro has unfortunately slowed my GI tract, on the other hand did NOT increase my anxiety at any point, and within two weeks on the therapeutic dose virtually eliminated my anxiety induced depression. So try not to doubt the Luvox this early in the game.
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2013, 05:20:26 PM »
Yeah it's just hard sometimes, since yesterday my feelings anxiety/fog have been a little worse but I'm guessing it's due to the up in my dosage of Luvox, hoping it fades.. It's just hard to think positive when you feel crappy you know? But I appreciate that positive words I do love and need to hear it, helps very much knowing I'm not alone and people have been trough this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2013, 11:01:16 PM »
So the thing I keep thinking in my head is.. This stuff started back in October and I still feel it until this day, given I upped the lexapro and downed the lexapro and than switched to luvox and now upped the luvox it's normal to feel this way still? That's what I'm curious about.. Getting the brain back on track can take this long?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2013, 11:22:23 PM »
Getting the brain back on track can take this long?

Unfortunately, yes as all the changes haven't helped.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2013, 12:51:21 AM »
One more question that makes me wonder about my Dr, she told me to take 50mg luvox at night and 50mg in the morning, I asked if I can just take 100mg at one time and she said "yeah that's fine" but given the short life of the med why would she say yes? What's your best opinion at when to take it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2013, 01:48:46 AM »
One more question that makes me wonder about my Dr,

I don't question her. Doctors know that compliance drops off the more often a med needs to be taken per day. She probably figured it was better to have you take 100mg once per day than not at all which may have seemed likely to her when you indicated a preference for once a day dosing. The best way of taking Luvox is in at least two divided doses.

Ian

PS: Divided doses are best for all the non slow-release SNRIs and SSRIs except citalopram/escitalopram (Celexa/Lexapro) and fluoxetine (Prozac). Tricyclics are best taken in 2-3 divided doses.
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2013, 03:40:55 PM »
Do you think the 50mg I was taking was a therapeutic doseage or the 100MG cause i keep thinking it's almost been 4 weeks and I haven't felt anything, then I think well I was only on 50mg and now being on 100mg I should just be patient..
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2013, 05:23:38 PM »
Do you think the 50mg I was taking was a therapeutic doseage or the 100MG cause i keep thinking it's almost been 4 weeks and I haven't felt anything, then I think well I was only on 50mg and now being on 100mg I should just be patient..

Usually 50mg is the minimum dose needed to initiate the brain changes that produce the therapeutic effect. However, you may need more to achieve good results. The recommended dose range is 5-300mg, but some may need even more. Taking more than is necessary won't do any harm, taking less may increase the odds of poop-out.

Even if 50mg was enough, it still takes 3-12 weeks for antidepressants to kick-in so the lack of response after only 4 isn't a surprise.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2013, 11:25:06 PM »
Well I'll stick to two 50MG a day doses, any idea why my "feelings"/anxiety are worst in the morning/afternoon than they are at night?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2013, 12:21:15 AM »
Well I'll stick to two 50MG a day doses, any idea why my "feelings"/anxiety are worst in the morning/afternoon than they are at night?

Nope. I'm at my best emotionally and physically in the mornings and things go progressively downhill as the day progresses, but this was true even before I developed PD, and was always a bit of a problem for someone who had to be at his peak at night. But I know lots of people who struggle in the morning and do much better in the evening/night. I guess it's how you're built.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2013, 04:46:11 AM »
I hate that I keep going out looking for answers and I read more bad stuff, I just see people suffering from "brain fog" for years or months and months and I'm so scared of being one if those people.. I keep thinking "what makes me different" or am I gonna be like them, stuck in this :/
Bookmark and Share

Tags: