Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Chatroom Questions?  (Read 515 times)

Offline PinkIcePrincess

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Chatroom Questions?
« on: December 21, 2013, 04:40:26 PM »
Hi GreyGoose or any Mods reading this.. :action-smiley-065:

Any Idea when the chatroom will be fixed so people can get into chat and also stopped being kicked from chat?? I have only had it happen to me today but many are asking what is going on...
 Sorry not complaining just asking what the issue is I do know that some chat setups can only hold so many people but when there only 13 people in chat there should be more room for others I have seen more then that Unless something has been changed and we have all missed the Notice..?
 Also in the chat there is No Screen Shot option at the top right anymore I have asked about this and no one seems to know what happened to it.. it is where the new link for the Anxiety Zone Wire is.. sorry but many don't know how to do screen shots...

I also well address the rules on Religion and Politics talk in chat.. as we read the rules it states we CAN talk about those IF there are no fights or arguments breaking out but it seems we are being told we can not talk about either at all.. so if that is the case then the rule needs to state NO talk at all about either.. right?

Thanks for reading and sorry if its offended or upset anyone I am just asking to clear up some questions people ask along with myself..

PinkIcePrincess :happy0151:

Bookmark and Share

Offline Frotob

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Chatroom Questions?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 05:02:00 PM »
Yeah only 14 people in chat and I can't log in, I thought it was capped at 25.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 05:39:28 AM »
I will address the screen shot question. That link in the room never worked. If people look at their keyboards they will see a print key on the keyboard. Simply press that. That will open the talk on the screen in another window. From there just click on file and save as. You can either email it to a Mod if you have their address or get a free account at the likes of Photo Bucket and add the screen shot to a private message. I did ask before that this should be sent out to all members so they know how to capture a screen shot by way of an announcement. Because I have never known that link in the room to work. Used to just open the forum up if you clicked on it. As for politics and religion. Speaking from been an ex Mod. I think they are two topics that always lead to rows. When I was a Mod that was how I viewed them. So I always never allowed them. Just to save me the time of having to jump down a members throat later on in the room. I think other Mods would feel the exact same way. I agree it should be in the rules that it is not allowed. Because it will always be stopped. A small case of you always get some idiot who wants to debate something and takes it too far. A civil conversation can quickly turn into a heated debate. Basing that on what I have always seen in the room. Most people are fine and can keep it civil. It always the one or two who ruin it for the rest. So it should be in the rules that no religion or politics as that is how it always works out in the room.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline PinkIcePrincess

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 03:53:24 PM »
Okay Ty Cuch and that whole screen shot deal I knew was messed up when I was a Mod but I had to tell people that they could copy and paste the way you are describing is really hard to do well for me !lol..
  I agree on the Politics and Religion but it needs to be in the rules for sure because that rule is confusing.. I don't usually see any fights over it and I was also a Mod here and several other places and depending on the places it is different.. but I believe in going by the rules I guess because I am ocd..  but I also believe in a chatroom that states you need to be 18 and over and people are allowed to use the Lords Name in Vain that to me is a religious issue at least in my Beliefs but I don't argue with anyone over that.. I think having a nice talk about religion and politics is fine IF people can respect each other but in an anxiety chat that doesn't work real well..
 Thanks for your reply and the issue on chatroom being messed up as far as people not being able to get in or being bumped a lot ?? I guess nothing is perfect right!! we can learn some coping skills ..
 PinkIcePrincess
Bookmark and Share

Online BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 04:02:00 PM »
Grey Goose is aware of the issues with chat, and is investigating to find the cause.

Regarding the screen shot...as long as I have been a member that feature has not worked.  There are other ways to take screenshots depending on the device being used.  I almost exclusively use my IPad.  To take a screenshot, I hold down the home button simultaneously with the camera button.  This will take a pic of the screen and put it into my camera roll.

I believe Cuchculan has replied to this post with instructions for taking a screenshot on a computer.

As far as religion and politics, I  personally am not opposed to a discussion, as long as no one gets offended and there is no conflict.  But these conversations must be monitored very closely, and if there are many conversations going on in chat, it can be hard to keep up with.  So, I understand stopping these conversations from the beginning.

I hope this has answered some of your questions, Pink!

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Offline PinkIcePrincess

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 06:29:36 PM »
Thanks Buzzy..  Yes I knew Grey Goose would be working on this just wondering what can be done like right now the room has 25 people in it and I can't get in so I am sure many more can't or they are all in there lol .. I don't panic because I can not get in but I am sure many do..

I do understand about the topics as far as Religion and Politics I have been a Mod here and other places so I do get it but the question was about the Rule and some Mods allowing it and some not.. I don't see people arguing but I am not there 24/7 well I am there a lot lol but do not see it but some Mods stop any discussion even if its just a few words.. so the rule isn't really in clear .. like I said saying the Lords name in Vain offends my Beliefs but I am not going to fight with someone over that because they have a right to their beliefs.. so I stay quiet and watch. just a question on that rule..

The Screen Shots like you have said didn't work in there and some don't have Ipads and some use Phones well seems like a lot use phones how they do it amazes me because I tried and I couldn't see at all lol... so I got a bigger phone still couldn't see and even on a Tablet it isn't easy at least not to me but hey I am old and senile and almost blind...  :yes:

Okay well its cool ty for the replies all 3 of you.. 
PinkIcePrincess :action-smiley-065:  I still think this is a great site and GG does an awesome job and right now the group of Mods are some of the best !! well besides when I was one lol NOOOOO I am kidding ..better clear that up!! I am to OCD to be honest.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PinkIcePrincess

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 08:42:27 AM »
I have to add this... the site comes up a lot faster now and chat for me so not sure what happened there but I am grateful!!! Frontier my internet provider is really slow in my area and they did check out this site for me and said it wasn't the site it was my service and they couldn't do anything about it soooooooooooo if anyone out there has a hard time getting in could be their internet provider.. I am happy mine is faster.. Praying it stays that way maybe in my area they finally did something..
 Thanks again!
PinkIcePrincess :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: