Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Body movements feel very robotic and over-calculated  (Read 206 times)

Offline Cmack23

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Body movements feel very robotic and over-calculated
« on: December 21, 2013, 04:27:43 PM »
I've had this a while now. I think it's depersonalisation because I feel quite detached at times, especially at work. The main concern I have however, is the constant feeling that my movements are very, very over-thought and have become somewhat robotic. It's a horrible feeling. In context, at work I see people interacting effortlessly. I on the other hand, am wondering how I'm going to walk to wherever it is that I need to go. I feel as though I'm watching myself day in, day out. I also feel out of it a lot of the time, as though my brain is shut down. I seriously feel like I'm on another world.
Please help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline nancyga13

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Body movements feel very robotic and over-calculated
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 05:07:37 PM »
This is common with anxiety, I know how you feel!! I don't really know what to offer other than my friend is suffering from the same thing right now and she has been worrying herself to death over it!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bcollinsix

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 01:23:50 AM »
I don't know if it's anxiety but that's definitely not "normal". Before I was diagnosed with psychosis I some what believed I was a robot because I thought I was incapable of emotions. Of course I'm NOT saying you have psychosis, I don't know your history, but I just thought I'd let you know my experience with something similar. And it would have been a million times better and my life would be a million times easier now if someone told me I was suffering from a mental illness way back when and not landing in a psych ward because of a psychotic break. But that's life, right?

Also I think your just over thinking. Let your body relax and your mind will follow.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 04:41:54 PM »
I think believing in it and feeling like it and not actually believing are 2 quite different things but I do understant where you're coming from, Bcollinsix.
It does read like mixture of derealization/depersonalization and over analyzing to me. Been there. Hope you find the right path for you to address your anxiety. Cbt helped me quite some, among others.

Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Tags: