Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Cardiac worries again  (Read 142 times)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Cardiac worries again
« on: December 21, 2013, 03:24:07 PM »
I have been concerned with my heart for quite some time now and I'm scared I'm going to have a heart attack or something else is wrong with my heart.

I was sitting in my room today on my laptop and out of nowhere I started having some breathing issues.  They weren't really severe but I felt like I wasn't able to just breath normally, but I was focusing on my breathing when this happened.  And the 2 days ago I was at work when out of nowhere I had a sharp pain literally in one spot of my chest.  I could draw a line going down the left side of my body from probably my collarbone, to my lower ribs and it was in the exact same spot on my back - nowhere else.

I want to mention something though, I have very bad eating habits.  I will eat fast food, junk food, etc. and hardly any other healthy foods.  I did try a Mediterranean Diet a few months ago which was pretty good, but I began having terrible headaches because I completely stopped eating the foods I normally eat.  Therefore I stopped eating the healthy food, and went back to eating the unhealthy food.  I have worked at a fast food place for about 5 years now and I usually eat there simply because it is convenient.

I went to the doctors about this before and even demanded an ECG be done - which was completely normal (along with normal blood work) and they said that my anxiety was causing this.  I have had chest pain/shortness of breath for probably 2 years now.  The reason I worry is because I feel like all of the food I've eaten has clogged my arteries for sure and any moment I will have a heart attack.

How long does it take for arteries to become clogged anyway - even with bad eating habits.  I'm 20 years old, weigh 136 lbs. and am 5' 10"
Bookmark and Share

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Strength is in the eye of the beholder.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cardiac worries again
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 03:43:13 PM »
I totally relate right now with the same issues, my suggestion would be to possibly get more heart testing, an echo. It will be a gold standard test to see if you have anything wrong. You, like myself, are very young. I also have breathing issues, cardiac worries, and horrendous eating habits. Try to relax and deter your mind from your breathing with meditation and/or funny videos.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Tags: