Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: And the health anxiety returns!!  (Read 150 times)

Offline Catesykes

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Scared!
    • Poke This Member
And the health anxiety returns!!
« on: December 21, 2013, 01:27:10 PM »
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've been here as started to recover and move on with my life after a tragedy a year or so ago. Anyway, I'm expecting again - just one baby this time thank goodness and all is well at 10 weeks, I've had two early scans. I will be on blood thinners due to mild sticky blood so we can be hopeful for a positive outcome. BUT this seems to have triggered off my anxiety again. I've been obsessing over everything, even my poor husband has me obsessing over his health. I'd convinced myself he has bowel cancer and we are not going to get to be a proper family. His Grandma had it (made full recovery) and he's had a few haemmoroids. He's 37, very fit and healthy and hasn't had any symptoms of the haemmoroids for months nevertheless I am obsessing. I keep thinking he looks tired (he has a stressful job) and then convincing myself he must be anaemic etc. you all know the viscous cycle!!!

Also I've had a buzzing sensation again down my right leg. (Previous pages will show I've had this before) so of course MS fears are creeping back in!!!! After months of being virtually symptom free. The buzzing started after being on my feet for ages and I'm known to have lower back problems.

Arghh!!! Just want everything to be ok :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline ARose318

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: And the health anxiety returns!!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 08:21:32 AM »
Hi ... and congratulations!

I have a 9 month old and in my early pregnancy I had full blown anxiety attacks to the point where I was pulled out of work for 3 weeks to "rest" ... best thing I did was start Zoloft (which is the "safest" med to take in pregnancy) and within a month I felt amazing!

Of course I still worried about everything, but in a different way and I was able to control myself from over-worrying. I stayed on the medication through delivery and breastfeeding and am still on it today. I've had a bit of a relapse but I'm working on it, and getting better everyday.

As for the sensations - it could be the baby, could be growing pains as your body expands and your nerves are more sensitive right now.

Discuss all your concerns with your OB though - and I'm sure the peace of mind will help you relax.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: