Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Feeling seriously ill from panic disorder?  (Read 292 times)

Offline emmmmaaaa

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • sup 😎
    • Poke This Member
Feeling seriously ill from panic disorder?
« on: December 21, 2013, 01:20:12 PM »
Hi everyone!
This is my first post, so I hope I'm doing this right!

So this year I started high school, and the first month was so much fun and I had little to no anxiety at all! I didn't have any over the summer or in 8th grade either! (But I have been struggling with it on and off my entire life) But sadly, this October, my anxiety started to come back- not only did it just come back, it came back the worst it ever has. I started visiting my CBT therapist again, but it didn't help. I tried to visit another one, and she helped for a week, but then my anxiety came right back.

The reason I'm in such distress this time is that my social life barely exists anymore and I can barely even go to school, and when I do, I spend most of my time in the nurse because I can't stay in class. It's getting really bad, so my therapist prescribed me Zoloft yesterdau, which I'm TERRIFIED to take due to the side effects.

But enough of my back story, since October I've been feeling physically sick due to my anxiety- It seems as if I always have a minor headache, and I'm frequently nauseous, which isn't pleasant as I have emetephobia- I rarely ever thrown up and I never have because of anxiety or panic, but the feeling is still unpleasant nonetheless. For the past week, I've also been feeling very warm (like I have a fever) but my temperature hasn't been over 97.6 degrees F. I feel generally ill and exhausted, and I also tried to get up out of bed this morning and it literally took me a few tries because I felt that weak. I have absolutely no appetite opposed to my huge one where I normally eat everything in site, which is also worrying me.

Is there anything I can do to alleviate this, especially with the holidays coming up? I've tried everything- Tylenol, baths, showers, deep breathing, pepto bismol- none of which has helped to ward off my physical symptoms! My doctor says I'm 100% healthy, so it has to be my anxiety making me sick! Please help :(
Bookmark and Share
panic disorder | emetephobia | pure o ocd

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 151
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling seriously ill from panic disorder?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 06:05:51 AM »
Odd as it may sound, the main way around this is to accept the symptoms. They are simply part of your anxiety. I know how horrible they are. I am emetaphobic too. It is one of those things a lot of doctors have no idea how to treat. I am a form of medication for it. Stemitil. It puts my mind at ease if anything else. But the more we accept this is how we are going to feel and stop fighting it the weaker the symptoms do become. When we fight them, mind versus body, we are feeding the fear. Making them a lot worse. I would suggest trying smaller things to begin with. Start off small and build your way up. I know this time of year doesn't help at all. It is a horrible time of year for anybody like ourselves. But we simply have to dig a little bit deeper. You tube has some amazing videos that might be worth looking at. Show you how to calm down. How to slow yourself and your mind down. It is all about learning. Then using what we learn. It may take time too. It can be a slow process. For now just do your best. See can you find any videos on you tube. Learn from them. Try and use them. It is a bit like learning how to live from the start all over again.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue