Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Question...  (Read 82 times)

Offline Lam123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Question...
« on: December 21, 2013, 10:15:45 AM »
Hi Everyone, I have had anxiety for awhile and am currently trying to get back to my old self. My anxiety revolves around health, for example, if I get a cold I start thinking it's far worse then just being a cold. Lately I have been feeling dizzy and off balance throughout the day, I start looking on the internet and get freaked out about different things that are mentioned that could be wrong. Do you ever wish the internet didn't exist? I am glad I have it for certain things, like this forum, but for anxiety around my health I find it really makes things worse.

Any experience with this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Question...
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 10:40:58 AM »
Hi Lam...  Yes, some two months ago, when my anxiety came back on me 24/7, I was real big on getting on the Internet and plugging in all my symptoms.  At one point I was trying to convince myself that I had something physically wrong with me, such as thyroid disease or an adrenal tumor.  But I have been through this before, and my doctor was sure it was anxiety.  Then I was started on a new anti-depressant so I had to go looking-up anything and everything that had to do with that.  My search engine on my computer, holds on to anything I type in it, and keeps it till I want to delete it.  Well, after having dozens and dozens of different searches, I realized that I was just making my anxiety worse by what I was doing.  I stopped getting on the Net, and deleted all those anxiety producing sites.  The one I kept was AnxietyZone, which has been so wonderful!  I'm a healthcare professional, and if memory serves me right,  dizziness is the #1 complaint of people coming into an emergency room.  It is my #1 symptom with my anxiety.  Merry Christmas to you.  The best to you, Lam!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Tags: