Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Bowel/colon cancer?  (Read 495 times)

Offline Pichooi

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bowel/colon cancer?
« on: December 21, 2013, 04:16:21 AM »
Oh my goodness a few days I find out I don't have a brain tumor I find something else to stress about.I have never had HA like this in my life before. I think being away from home makes me stress more.
 I have a pain on my lower back. At first I was thinking kidneys but I think they are higher up and when I had my MRI they did a blood test to check Kidney function so I should have any problems there. I also think I feel a bulge on one side of my spine but I think it may be on both sides so if it is the same on both sides it shouldn't be something to worry about right?
I've been noticing white stuff in my stools and been having diarrhoea for a while now. the doctor knew about the diarrhoea and nothing came up in blood tests so it shouldn't be a virus. I had noticed a bit of pain there earlier but I was so preoccupied with my headaches i didn't worry about it too much.  I am not going to the doctor in Switzerland again as I don't want my family here to think I'm crazy (er) and I am going home in 12 days. I hope this pain goes away. Also been feeling a little funny in the chest.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bowel/colon cancer?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 06:33:48 AM »
Colon cancer only causes pain when there's a blockage.  There are so few symptoms that it is usually the last thing suspected or found by accident.  I don't know what 'white stuff' in your stool would be unless you're having gall bladder problems and eat way too much fatty food. Are you intolerant to dairy? My back pain was gall bladder attacks.

White stools or pale gray stools can be a sign off liver problems but generally end stage  liver failure.  You'd know if that was going on.  You said 'pain there' but didn't say 'where'.  Rectal tumors or hemorrhoids can cause pressure and pain and diarrhea can be from nerves and cause the 'rhoids to sting, swell, ache.  Nothing in your post says bowel cancer to me and since I've had Stage III and am now Stage IVa colon cancer, I've read it all....... for 5 years.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Pichooi

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 06:39:44 AM »
Thank you fro your reply. It has calmed me down a bit.

Pain in lower back I meant. Can't be fatty foods as I've been on a bit of a health kick lately and I'm guessing liver failure would have come up in one of the blood tests I had would have indicated if something was going on in the liver?

I wish you all the best in your battle with this cancer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ARose318

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 07:50:59 AM »
The white stuff in your stool could just be mucous. I have IBS and when I have a flare up I get mucous. It's just irritation. I would take a look at your diet including liquids and maybe start a food diary.

If the Dr. did run a stool test for blood and found none that is a great indicator that it's nothing serious!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 08:41:18 AM »
Rose, I had Stage IIIB Colon Cancer and all my FOB tests were negative for blood.  That meant the tumor had not broken through the wall.  FOB is not a good screening tool for rectal or colon cancer. It gives people a false sense of security and they delay seeking treatment for their problems.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 09:19:20 AM »
I agree with I had cancer. Although I was bleeding every day eventually I wasn't at first. So if I had tested at first on a day I wasn't bleeding then it would have come up negative
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pichooi

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 09:55:47 AM »
They didn't test my stools just my blood. I'm not sure which tests they did but I had 4 different blood tests looking for viruses etc so I assume something would have come up....if I'm still having pain and strange stools when I come home I'll go to the doctor. I hope it's just irratation ARose318 :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jbg28

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 06:57:25 PM »
I understand you had Colon cancer. And I am sorry for that. But a negative fob test is usually a good  sign. If it wasn't it wouldn't be used everyday. Polyps bleed and so do tumors that haven't broken through the Colon wall. U had a clear fob and flex sig besides a tiny polyp. There is also cases of Colon cancer patients having pain without an obstruction. No one person is a like. I have an amazing family practitioner and GI doctor and I trust what they tell me. I had the negative fob but it did not keep the doctors from investigating further.  I've done Lots of research and have sat down with many of a doctor about this subject.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jbg28

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 06:58:57 PM »
U mean to say I about the flex sig
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jbg28

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 07:04:08 PM »
I also have the white mucus. Skinny and flat bowel movements and extremely loud bowel sounds.  Full colonoscopy near the end of January   I have never seen any significant Amount of blood only a tiny speck when I wipe. I have internal and external hem. I had dark stool which I made sure to send in for the testing. Again. Not one Colon cancer patient share the same symptoms and many have none. Keep being checked until you are satisfied
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pichooi

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bowel/colon cancer? Diagnosis Update
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 04:55:10 PM »
Went back to the doctor because I kept having bloody stools and had pain in my body and turns out I have an inflamed intestine. So yay for it not being cancer but boo for it being something (but it some sick little way I'm glad I had something as it means I wasn't imagining all my symptoms).
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2013, 06:26:35 PM »
Glad it was not cancer.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: