Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Sepsis (blood poisioning)?!  (Read 150 times)

Offline Allie33

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sepsis (blood poisioning)?!
« on: December 20, 2013, 10:34:57 PM »
Long story short: I got a tattoo on my foot. It does not looked infected, but since tattoos are basically open wounds, I'm afraid I got some bacteria into my bloodstream from it though I have been taking proper aftercare instructions.

Okay, so yesterday my stomach was making weird noises and I felt moving around. Only a little bit of pain yesterday that eventually subsided. I thought I was constipated. Now, I have the same thing so I took some milk of magnesia and now have some diarrhea, which can be a symptom of sepsis. I also have a temp of 97.2, which is another symptom of sepsis. Heart rate over 90 per minute is another symptom, but I have tachycardia anyways. I went to the neurologist today and they did the all the vital checks and my blood pressure was good! (Which is good because low blood pressure is also a symptom)

But I'm still kinda freaked I have it. Help? :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sepsis (blood poisioning)?!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 11:00:01 PM »
If you got your tattoo professionally done by a reputable place, the chance of a major infection from it is effectively zero. Since you had clear tests, the chance of you having an infection becomes %0.0001
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sepsis (blood poisioning)?!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 11:05:29 PM »
From what I know as far as sepsis goes, you'd have either a very high body temperature or a very low one, neither of which you have. When they say low body temperature, I'm pretty sure they're indicating hypothermia levels, like 95 or lower. Way low. You're probably fine. If you had sepsis, the neurologist would have picked up on it. You'd be super sick.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Tags: