Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Depression and Romantic Relationships  (Read 316 times)

Offline dannysmiles19

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Depression and Romantic Relationships
« on: December 20, 2013, 05:32:28 PM »
I have a question. Can depression make you question your love for someone? Can depression cause stress in a relationship? When I was with someone I would feel stressed when I was with her, is that because I was depressed around her and didn't want to be?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Depression and Romantic Relationships
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 06:22:44 AM »
Depression is like a big struggle. You might question if really need another person in your life when you can hardly take care of yourself. Think about it. If you feel down all the time. You may ask yourself ' is this all you have to offer another person '. Then you might begin to question things even more. The whole relationship. Once you start to do that you might even begin to question love. It could happen.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline shefloats

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Re: Depression and Romantic Relationships
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 06:15:50 PM »
Depression can cause a lot of stress in relationships and absolutely make you question your love for another person.

Depression makes your self esteem and interest in all kinds of things plummet.  I know I , I always feel like I'm bringing my fiancÚ down and have become boring.  I have often questioned his love for me and vise versa but I also question my love for myself my worth and interest in 'life' in general. 

It's so very easy to question your love for someone when the whole world just seems so very sad/bland.

It's easy to feel stressed around a loved one if you feel guilty for being depressed. 

For what it's worth, I struggle a lot with being stressed or feeling guilty because I'm depressed around my fiancÚ. What seems to be working for me in that respect is keeping the lines of communication open.  It's ok to ask for reassurance if you're stressed about being depressed around someone.

Take care <3
Bookmark and Share

Tags: