Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: conjunctivitis, burst blood vessel in eye.  (Read 157 times)

Offline Cattia

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
conjunctivitis, burst blood vessel in eye.
« on: December 20, 2013, 02:43:29 PM »
I have had conjunctivitis for five days now. It isn't responding to antibiotics so could be viral. Today I had a sharp scratching pain like an eyelash stuck in my eye. When i looked there was a bright red spot there that looked like a burst blood vessel. The pain has died off now but it was bad. Dr gave me some new eye drops to try and he said if it doesnt clear up I should go to the optician and get them to photograph the back of my eye. Now I am thinking that he suspected I have some sort of tumor pressing on my eye causing pressure. I also have tonsillitis. I'm so sick of all this illness.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: conjunctivitis, burst blood vessel in eye.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 07:36:42 PM »
I think he's thinking it might be a scratched cornea which can clear up over night, pain wise, but they like to give you special eye drops to prevent infection.

We had a preacher who used to have big broken blood vessels in his eye pretty often.  It was some 'not serious' condition. 

The Adenovirus causes tonsil concerns and eye gunk.  It can last for quite a while but no meds will help.  Warm compresses on the gunky eyes and gargle with salt water for the throat. http://www.drgreene.com/articles/adenovirus/
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cattia

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: conjunctivitis, burst blood vessel in eye.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 03:02:53 PM »
Thank you so much for your reply. I am now using some stronger eye drips and my eyes have been betyer today, but they are quite red again this evening. On the plus side, my tonsils are much better so I really hope this means my immnune system is starting to fight back. Thanks again for replying.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: