Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Happy holidays! Any good plans/traditions?  (Read 212 times)

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Happy holidays! Any good plans/traditions?
« on: December 20, 2013, 09:49:57 AM »
I know for some the stress of holidays can exacerbate anxiety and depression and that's certainly valid to discuss. But for those who are looking forward to the holidays this year I thought we could share some of our enthusiasm as a way of minimizing negative thoughts and stress.

I am very excited for this upcoming week. I have just one day of work after today (Monday) in the next five days. So I am looking forward to the four days off. Plans just about every day, but fun plans. Saturday I have my kickboxing class and piano lesson. After I get home my son and I will bake sugar cookies. Sunday, we spend the day with my cousin's family having a low-key holiday meal, and after that we'll drop my daughter off at the babysitter's and take our son to a movie at the theater. Christmas Eve we'll be baking again, gingerbread this time. We're going to go to a new church for Christmas Eve service. Our neighbor is lead pastor there, and we've become quite close with their family so I look forward to that. Then home for some snuggle time before we play santa!! This is our first Christmas Eve/Day that we've spent at home rather than traveling downstate to see relatives. I love my parents and sister dearly, but I am glad we did that traveling last weekend so we can just enjoy in our home this year. It's going to be a wonderful few days. I just wish I had thought to take Monday off! :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: