Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Help with depersonalization  (Read 181 times)

Offline grungedingo

• Robbie the Rabbit
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Better to burn out than fade away
    • Poke This Member
Help with depersonalization
« on: December 20, 2013, 06:44:35 AM »
So I am a 23 year old male and have had severe anxiety for the past few months, I used heroin (snorted not injected) for around a year and a half but stopped using 4 months ago. I don't know what to do I've tried Buspar but i started getting weird side affects from it. Like my left arm would get a shooting kind of numbness and I would feel dizzy not really dizzy but thats the best i can describe it. Anyhow the worst symptom I have is derealization / depersonalization. I hate it so much It's like living in a constant fog or dream It's very hard to explain. Could this be because I really messed up my brain on the heroin? I went through withdrawls and the physical part has long passed but I just want to feel normal again. I just want to get a job and become a working member of society but I can't even leave my house I haven't left it for two months. I don't know how long I can live like this. Will i ever feel normal again?
Bookmark and Share
maybe, you think you can save me. Will you love me? Take care of me? Heal all my pain?

Offline BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help with depersonalization
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 09:34:39 AM »
Hi grungedingo,

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Grunge, I have not had the experience with drugs that you have had, but I am sure you will find many here at AZ that will be able to relate and offer support.

Good luck to you, and again, welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Offline grungedingo

• Robbie the Rabbit
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Better to burn out than fade away
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help with depersonalization
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 10:48:22 PM »
Much thanks for the greeting. and I'm glad  you haven't had the experiences with drugs I've had lol too quote cher "If I could turn back time"
Bookmark and Share
maybe, you think you can save me. Will you love me? Take care of me? Heal all my pain?