Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Panicking over stomach cancer!  (Read 165 times)

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Panicking over stomach cancer!
« on: December 20, 2013, 12:49:47 AM »
I have been having pain in the centre of my upper abdomen for the past week. I have been getting slight indigestion during the nights and I have been feeling quite sick.

I am not only worried about this being stomach cancer, but I fear that if it is due to my anxiety, that this will last for months and ultimately lead to atrophic gastritis - and thus, increases my anxiety about getting stomach cancer.

I know that it is really rare in my age group (I am 21) - but I am now convinced that stomach cancer is definitely the cancer I will get during my lifetime. If not, I am worrying about getting permanent damage from gastritis and having other gastric related diseases for the rest of my life.

It literally feels like there is no way out - it feels like I am doomed.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allie33

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Panicking over stomach cancer!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 02:18:18 AM »
First of all, breathe! I'm sure you'll be okay!

If you're having some worry and if you have the money, go to your doctor. Get a reassurance that you're okay. Believe me, it will help tremendously.
I had (and still do in a way) have a brain tumor scare because I kept getting some sharp pains in my head. I went to my regular doctor and she said she didn't see anything that scared her. Whew, what a relief. I felt better when she said that, but I'm still headed to a neurologist for migraines.

Take a hot bath or shower and put on your favorite artist or band. Relax and ease your mind. Don't over think on it. Deep breaths. You'll be okay. :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: