Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Obsessive thoughts.  (Read 166 times)

Offline butterflybandage

• "Fall seven times, stand up eight."
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
Obsessive thoughts.
« on: December 20, 2013, 12:21:05 AM »
Hello, so obsessive thoughts are a huge issue for me. For example: you know how if you think of a word long enough, it seems like it isn't real? Or too weird to be real? That's how I am when with everything; I over think it before I even have the chance to stop myself, though. Which sends me into panic attacks, worrying if I'm going crazy. I also start to fear everything because everything seems confusing and odd, and I wonder how people can just accept it. I'm praying that this is just anxiety making me have these thoughts.  :(

But to anyone that has had obsessive thoughts / who over-thinks EVERYTHING and recovered from them (or lessened them in some way), can you please tell me how you did it? And how long it took? If it was medicine, how long did it take? Thanks so much! Happy holidays!  :santasign:
Bookmark and Share
"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'"

Offline doogle2

• Rec's: 4
  • AKA doogle
    • Poke This Member
Re: Obsessive thoughts.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 05:34:12 AM »
You might want to try the OCD board instead of this one (http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/board,5.0.html) there is more specific help and advice there.

In fact the Sticky thread at the very top on intrusive thoughts is a very useful thread in itself (http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,53901.0.html) also if you click on the threads in the signature of the guy who posted this thread (Cheesus), there's some very informative  stuff there too.

:holiday54: :holiday57:

Bookmark and Share
The human mind is inspired enough when it comes to inventing horrors; it is when it tries to invent a Heaven that it shows itself cloddish ~ Evelyn Waugh