Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone undiagnosed?  (Read 123 times)

Offline erinhaq

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone undiagnosed?
« on: December 19, 2013, 10:22:34 PM »
Hi guys

I'm 19 years old and currently my fears are MS.

It started when I was 18 and I suddenly got chest pain and my arm and leg felt like it was going numb. I went to the ER and they performed ECGs and blood test but everything was normal. My heart rate was up I think but that was all. They send me home with pain killers but thats was it. I was tired for a bit but was fine until 5 days later when I had it again. I went to the ER again but once again found nothing. They performed reflex tests and everything was fine. The doctor suggested I was stressed

I had this feeling reoccurring a few more times but learned to deal with it. Sometimes I would vomit or feel helpless and cry.

Late November/December something happened. The leg pain I'd had was reoccurring and the chest pain to a lesser extent too, but I suddenly got major back pain. And then I was urinating more frequently and I don't have as frequent bowel movements. I suspected it was Vitamin D deficiency and it was confirmed by blood test. But vitamin d defiency symptoms are so varied that I convinced myself that some were not from that and started fearing MS. I only have the tingly/achy feeling - mostly on my legs (left, but sometimes right) but sometimes in left arm too. The back pain is there. I sometimes get weird feelings all over my body - like itchy or tingly for a few seconds. Have had neck pain/upper back pain as well. I've cried yesterday and today because of my fears of it being MS and decided to join this forum because it was the only thing that comforted me.

The thing is, I have not been diagnosed with anxiety, so everything is so uncertain. I still live with my parents and it hinders me from exploring my options. My mum is kind of very 'mind over matter' and so it makes me even more nervous about exploring if it is or isn't anxiety.

Thanks for any replies
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone undiagnosed?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 10:46:14 PM »
Hi erinhaq,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

I am sorry to hear about the struggles you are going through.  It does sound like what you are dealing with is anxiety like the ER doctor suggested.  I understand the mind over matter idea, but it is not that easy for everyone.  I have found that figuring out that you are dealing with anxiety and then trying to accept that it is only anxiety and can't hurt you is the key to dealing with the anxiety successfully.  If you have seen doctors and they have given you the all clear then you need to trust them and know that anxiety can cause some amazing and real symptoms.  I hope you are able to find the help and support you need here.

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: undiagnosed