Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: anyone with heart worries have these issues?  (Read 147 times)

Offline BeeDot

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
anyone with heart worries have these issues?
« on: December 19, 2013, 08:27:03 PM »
please excuse my typos, I'm normally an excellent I pissed but I'm on my phone and, well, that's another story haha.
I read somewhere once that oftentimes in the months or weeks leading up to a heart attack people experience symptoms that come and go. I have been having these for a couple weeks and it is definitely freaking me out. I have pains in my upper back my chest the sides of my neck my jawmy shoulders and my arm. All of the common places that people experienceheart pain. I am only 23 years old and in good health as far as I know. However, this does not stop me from being almost constantly afraid that I have a hard problem. Plus I'm so anxious person I fear that all my worrying has caused damage. I just hate the doctors don't take me seriously because I appear to be in good health and I'm not the right age for a heart problem. I feel like this is why young people sometimes died of heart problems because nobody takes me seriously they die from things that could have been fixed.

just wondering if any of you other heart were warriors experience these symptoms that come and go. Have you ever talk to a doctor about it?
Bookmark and Share
For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe.  -Author Unknown

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: anyone with heart worries have these issues?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 08:47:38 PM »
I'm at an age where a heart attack is a more realistic worry than at your age, but there are a few things that might reassure you.   First, get bloodwork done, if you don't have bizarrely high cholesterol and don't smoke, or some very unusual family history of really early heart attacks, its pretty much impossible for you to get one at your age.  Second, I had the same fears and sometimes still do, I remember when I first had panic/anxiety at 31 I got a stethoscope and when I would get a sharp painful feeling in the middle of my chest I proved to myself it was gas, I could hear the gurgling with the scope.  I can sometimes get stomach gas now which can cause quite a bit of pain, different than when I was younger, and which can radiate to my back, but if I drink a lot of water, guess what, I burp out some gas and the pain immediately vanishes.  So your fears are not uncommon for anxiety sufferers, but after getting appropriately checked by the doc, your logical mind should tell you that you don't have a heart problem.  You do have an anxiety problem and that can be dealt with by either therapy and/or medication--its our brains that are malfunctioning, not our hearts.  BTW my father had his first panic attack at 23, was convinced for about 9 months after that he would drop dead any minute, and didn't have healthy habits, but he lived to be 83.  He never thought he's see 40.  So you will be around a lot longer than you are probably thinking, and anxiety is the likely cause of the pains you are suffering, it can be an amazingly physically painful/symptomatic condition, but it will go away eventually. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: