Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: got a cold cant stop freaking out  (Read 142 times)

Offline john55

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
got a cold cant stop freaking out
« on: December 19, 2013, 06:52:48 PM »
Ive been doing so well for about 1.5 years. No freaking out. Anxiety free. Got a chest cold that last 2 weeks and freaked basically because i am nervous it will turn into pneumonia and i will be hospitalized. It was terrible. Usually colds go away after a week but this one took longer than usual - 2 weeks. Then I went to the docs and got antibiotics, which i dont think i needed. Had a reaction to them and freaked out more. I probably didnt need them either and knew I should not have taken them. I actually think my reaction was anxiety related and now my doctor thinks i am allergic to penicillin and i am probably not but i dont know because i am a freak about medicines. Anyway, for the last week I have felt 'hot' and my temp is up a little bit, always 98 something (and its 100% my anxiety raising it from my usual 97 something - i think). And I feel like I am going to get shivers and get another cold. Anyway my cold is gone but I am freaking out for no reason. have had a few episodes where i almost couldnt breath or felt like i was going to pass out. What helps? A few drinks. Hoping this just goes away soon. I think its just the season. anyway, i just needed to type this and read it a few times.
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: got a cold cant stop freaking out
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 08:28:53 AM »
It's definitely the season.  There's no reason to panic. 
Every year there are new strains of viruses that come along, and they can last for days, or weeks. 
My daughter had a virus (RSV) that literally didn't go away for 3 months!  It lessened, but it was still there. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: