Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Hello Hellllooooo  (Read 104 times)

Offline FreakOutQueen

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello Hellllooooo
« on: December 19, 2013, 06:41:06 PM »
Hi all,  I am here because I am hoping to find some relief with my health anxiety. Since I was a little girl, I thought I had a disease from AIDS to cancer to strokes to aneurisms...you name it....I have had it. Currently I am on a cancer kick and can't seem to shake it. I am hoping that I can find some peace through this supportive community.

Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline c172

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello Hellllooooo
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 08:47:44 PM »
I'm 52 now and anxiety seems to hit me about every 5 to 7 years.  In 1984, AIDS was all over the news and I and my brother were convinced we had AIDS, mainly because the media talked constantly about it.  We worried for years and even after tests showed negative we didn't believe the results and would get tested again and again.  Keep in mind, we are both heterosexual and all we had ever done was normal dating with girls.  Later in life, that faded and I became obsessed with cancer or heart attack or diverticulitis after my first colonoscopy.  It's all so stressful but just remember, they are only thoughts.......not real.........just work on how you respond to the thoughts.  Easier said than done. But in short, I know exactly what you are going through and you will get better over time.  I did.  And each time it returns, I handle it a little easier.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello Hellllooooo
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 05:38:46 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: