Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: My introduction and why I'm here  (Read 117 times)

Offline LouiseThomy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My introduction and why I'm here
« on: December 19, 2013, 05:27:19 PM »
I'm Louise, 18.

I'm here because at 14 I was diagnosed with GAD.
It all started when it was a normal day horse riding when all of a sudden the horse bucked and it twisted my back in two places and that night it left me breathless, which led to a panic attack, I was so scared being so young thinking it was the end. Eventually my parents talk me out of it (they too had GAD when they were my age).
In the past four years all I can say is it's been trips to hospitals, doctors... First time just to check my back and why it caused a panic attack, and then a few months after I had palpitations which got worse (born with this), I suppose that because I had anxiety I noticed them more which I stupidly and regrettably went and searched my symptoms on Google and then I was having symptoms of a heart attack which my dad took my to the doctors where I had a scan (the scan that detects what your heart is doing, forgot the name, sorry) and it all came back normal.
This calmed me down for about 4 hours lol. And then I began to panic again which my parents were fed up with!
in 2010-11 I had about 8-10 panic attacks a day, I couldn't even leave my house without thinking something terrible would happen to me and my parents wouldn't find me or something. I isolated myself during a year. I was about 15 by then.

In late 2011 things got a lot better I controlled it more as I was offered medication which I refused to use, I just stopped looking up my symptoms and carried on thinking positively. I had the odd shortness of breath which I just rode over.
2012 last year I was completely fine, an odd symptom but rode over it easily.
2013, it's like it's all just come back again, doctor visits, Googling symptoms and I don't want to mention any symptoms I was searching and what it told me on here because I don't want to scare other sufferers of anxiety.
Nowadays, I have tiredness, weakness in arms, back of my neck feels really tense and over all just short of breath.

It's such a comfort knowing this page exists and that people have the same, well most of the symptoms.
I'm basically here because the medical pages are definitely no comfort and if anything make me feel 10x worse, and coming on here posting eases my symptoms when people answer saying how common it is to experience these symptoms.

Sorry for it being so long! But it's been so much in the past 4 years. But if I mention all my doctors visits I'd be here forever haha.

Thanks to everyone!! :-) 
Bookmark and Share

Offline erinhaq

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My introduction and why I'm here
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 10:50:16 PM »
Hi, what brought me to reply is that you're around my age. I'm 19 and am undiagnosed with anxiety, but have had so much health fears, from heart attacks to diabetes to cancer and to my recent worry - MS - that I thought it would be good for me to join this forum, since it's been helping me for a while.

When I was younger I'd get colds easier, and in the back of my mind I used to be a little afraid that it was HIV, even though there was no reason for it to be. I'd avoid the doctors bc I was scared to be diagnosed with diabetes or high blood pressure (which my dad had). But all of a sudden now I've been going to doctors all the time, since I thought I was having a heart attack and went to ER.

I hope this forum will help both of us with what we're dealing with. Hello and welcome!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: My introduction and why I'm here
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 05:37:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: