Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Epiglottitis  (Read 97 times)

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Epiglottitis
« on: December 19, 2013, 03:47:49 PM »
Last night after eating a piece of fudge that came in a flimsy plastic package, I thought I had something stuck on my tongue.  Brushed my teeth and tongue and it still felt odd.  Well, I stuck my finger down my throat and felt something like a flap of plastic. Tried a 2nd time and felt it again.  Freaked out and went to the walk-in clinic. 

What I felt was my epiglottis which is sort of on the back of the tongue and is cartilage.   I touched it twice.  The doctor told me what I'd touched and said 'Now don't keep doing it because there's a serious condition called epiglottitis that can close off your windpipe....... and kill you. '  Well now I can't stop thinking I can FEEL the stupid thing. 

I've read and read and the swelling and closing of the throat is caused by blood borne germs, not something touching it, but I swear I can 'feel' it.  The doctor looked at it and said it was normal and not red or any marks from me touching it. In my head, I keep expecting it to swell up and close off my throat any second.  ACK!

I asked on Healthtap.com for 99 cents and three doctors assured me I wasn't going to have a problem yet I still can't get this out of my head!   

Anyone ever touched that?

Bookmark and Share

Tags: