Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: New fear: blood poisioning.  (Read 101 times)

Offline Allie33

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New fear: blood poisioning.
« on: December 19, 2013, 07:43:17 AM »
Oh what a joy to have a new health fear, yeah? Not!

So I got a tattoo on my foot almost a week ago. It's nothing too fancy, just a half dollar sized key. I took the aftercare instructions the parlor gave me and it seems to be looking like it's starting to heal. Wash it with anti-bacterial soap 2 times. I do it maybe three times, if I have left the house. But! Now I have convinced myself of blood poisoning (sepsis). Because a tattoo is basically an open wound and bacteria and all can get in. Haha, yaaay. What joy this is.
Although it doesn't look if infected on/around the tattooed area, I still somehow convinced myself that I do have it. What a bummer. This anxiety is literally taking the joy out of new experiences. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New fear: blood poisioning.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 08:09:50 AM »
As the proud owner of a few tats myself let me reassure you that you are doing just fine.  My friend is a tattoo artist and the look of an infected tat is unmistakable, and very painful, but rarely leads to anything worse.  Blood poisoning, aka septicemia, only occurs when a massive infection crosses into the bloodstream and usually only happens in individuals with impaired immune systems due to old age, severe trauma, or serious illness.  One of the symptoms is a high fever so if your temp is normal you are in the clear.  Lay your mind to rest, keep the tattoo clean and moisturized, and enjoy your ink.  Hang in there!

P.S. Tattoos are known to be addictive so start saving up for your next one now!  I am!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: