Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 75 times)

Offline daisyg011

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello everyone!
« on: December 19, 2013, 12:36:21 AM »
Hello everyone!  :action-smiley-065: My name is Daisy and I'm currently a 19 year old college student. I wanted to talk to some people and find people who share the same experiences that I'm having because my anxiety is difficult on me and my family.

It wasn't until I was age 17 when I became suddenly paranoid over my health, and checked in the doctor atleast 8 times in 2 months only to be told that I have no health concerns. (The left of my neck was swelling so I was worried about lymphoma everyday for atleast 3 months until I had a ultrasound + biopsy and been told that my lymph node was just hypersensitive...I've never had health concerns or have a medical/genetic history of health concerns) Currently I'm being concerned and anxious over invasive breast cancer (although I have NO genetic history of breast cancer, no smoking, nothing unhealthy. I have taken a mammogram at age 15 because I was concerned over breast cancer, and was told that I was fine then.) I've taken a mammogram and ultrasound again, but I am still worried and anxious and wanting to get a biopsy, although the doctors told me I am fine.

Because of the much stress and anxiety I have faced in the short 6 months, everyday since then has been terrible. Everything feels synthetic and I can't focus on everyday things without stopping and trying to remember that I'm here. I can't go outside of my home without feeling anxious and lightheaded and terrified that I will have an anxiety attack.. I have terrible feelings of falling (?) when I'm in my anxious state and I cannot sleep until 2-3 hours later when my anxiety wears out in which I can finally feel like the ground isn't diagonal..I have threw up numerous times because it made me feel at ease when I'm anxious..  I cannot convince myself at all that there is nothing wrong with me and that I am always convinced that I am to die soon... I have found ways to cope with death if the diagnosis is 100% so I have found some peace..

It has been a tough year for me so far... but hopefully I will be diagnosed with nothing/ early so I can be treated for my IBC or that I can come over my obsessive thoughts over my health.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 01:59:59 AM »
Hello Daisy and welcome to Anxiety Zone!  :action-smiley-065:

Sorry to hear this year has been tough on you. Let's hope 2014 brings us all peace of mind we long for and deserve.

As you have probably noticed, Anxiety Zone is divided into different forums/ sections. My advice would be for you to find the ones you have interest in. Feel free to post or start a new topic. 'Introduce yourself' section is a good place to start but from my experience, you might get more feedback as regards your problems in the 'Health anxiety' or 'General anxiety' forums.
You might also be interested in our chat, which is open for all members over 18 years of age. You will be able to access it when you0ve made 3 meaningful posts.

It's tricky with anxiety cus on the one hand there seems to be nothing physically wrong as such but anxiety by itself kind of is a devastating illness in my opinion. But with the right amount of support and the right steps we can all get where we want to be in our lives.

Nice to have you as a member!

Leo99
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Tags:

anything