Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Feeling really down about my Blood Test  (Read 180 times)

Offline poppyvic12

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feeling really down about my Blood Test
« on: December 18, 2013, 10:51:12 PM »
So three weeks ago I had my bloods done. All came back in the normal range (although the lower scale) apart from my neutrophils which were 1.4 should be 2.0 + So i spent days worrying about that! I then had them re tested three weeks later....my neutrophils have gone up to 1.6 but my White blood cells have gone down to 3.8 .... I asked my dr is this serious? she said not to worry we will re test again in 6 weeks time as I may have just had a bug or something  (next day I actually got gastro) I said to her if I had leaukamia would my levels be really low? she said that ALL the levels would be off and since all the others are fine im not to worry, also she said that the morphology of my red white and platelets are normal which wouldnt be if I had leaukamia. ....I am trying EVERYTHING in my power to no think that theres something wrong but I just cant shake the worry, im thinking of everything it could be and not what it ISNT! .......Ive finally admitted defeat and Im booked to see a councillor on the 6th of Jan as I am only 30 I cant live like this!

Can someone give me a slap round the face pleeeeeease!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling really down about my Blood Test
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 06:25:32 AM »
I think you are simply doing what most people with health anxiety tend to do. Try to second guess the doctor. The doctor says one thing. You think something else. Because you have it on your mind. You are simply feeding these fears. The more you do that the worse these fears will become. Accept what your doctor is telling you. She knows best. Just keep working with her and I am sure she will manage to get everything within the normal range after a few visits. Just your mind over thinking.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 06:42:26 AM »
Welcome to anxietyzone. We are glad you found this forum. My daughter who is 23 wen through a similar issue with
her blood tests and when retested her numbers were in the normal range.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 07:51:47 AM »
I used to read through all my blood tests results and worry if they were too high or too low. I learned that if my doctor wasn't concerned, I shouldn't be. But I have an amazing doctor who listens and understands my worries and reassurs me. I have had a bad doctor befoe who I didn't trust. If you trust your doctor and need more reassurance, give her a call and tell her about your worries.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 09:01:45 AM »
Chances are if you had something serious, not only would your bloods all be majorly derranged, but you'd also have other symptoms that would be noticeable. Try and trust that the Dr is there to help you and should they be concerned, they would let you know!

I know how you feel as I worry 24/7 too!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: