Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: hypomania?? Or just nerves  (Read 174 times)

Offline nancyga13

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
hypomania?? Or just nerves
« on: December 18, 2013, 08:58:33 PM »
Hello guys my anxiety is doing all sorts of crazy things to me!!! I have not a episode so bad in 6 years!!! So I got into a severe state about two months ago. I'm on paxil 20mg, klonopin 1mg and Seroquel at night for sleep!!! Never been diagnosed with bipolar and I am 26 and have had anxiety since I was seven, but I noticed I get into better moods, but I have lots of energy and i'm not talking oh I wanna go out and party or go clubbing or do something risky...Its like my shaking or anxious but its different, its like I clean and clean, and sometimes I will talk a lot!!! Sometimes its like im feeling hurried or something like tonight I was starting one cleaning project and then going to something else before even finishing, I don't have ADD or ADHD just GAD, OCD, depression...is this normal for anxiety to act in such ways as this????
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: hypomania?? Or just nerves
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 05:34:36 AM »
One thing, from group therapy, I noticed is that a lot of people with anxiety tend to talk a lot faster. I would go so far as to say you can't shut some of them up. Once they begin that is it. Nobody else gets a look in. So I would say that is common with anxiety. Bursts of energy as well are common. We may have times were everything is a struggle. Then suddenly we find ourselves going non stop. Just wanting to keep on going. So yet another part of anxiety. One a lot of people will experience. At best you could try and put the breaks on. Stop yourself. Allow yourself time off. I think a lot of people have this fear that if they do stop they will get anxious. Bit of deep breathing. You can learn how to do this on you tube. Loads of good videos. Learn how to control the energy.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: hypomania?? Or just nerves
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 10:36:33 AM »
My psychiatrist says this is not uncommon in people with significant anxiety. I myself experienced it mostly during my month on zoloft (which ramped up my anxiety) but also a few other moments of high anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: