Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Who believes it is actually all down to anxiety?  (Read 349 times)

Online Gemmal

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Who believes it is actually all down to anxiety?
« on: December 18, 2013, 06:09:11 PM »
Does anyone really? Im sitting on the fence just now, some days when I am not having "symptoms" I completely reassure myself its all in my head and then when I get itchy ( my big fear is lymphoma) I freak out and convince myself im going to die.

I have had these "symptoms " for two years and I have been reassured by doctors and the lovely people on here that I would be dead by now and it all makes logical sense!

but then I think to myself , This anxiety thing is new to me I just experienced hyphochondria two years ago but I just feel something is not right with my body. Although the eleven GP's says A ok !

:( feeling so low about this
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Who believes it is actually all down to anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 06:24:48 PM »
I know EXACTLY what you mean.

Even yesterday I was feeling pretty good. But today I'm having a 'what if' day.

What IF I really do have ms?
What IF the high pressure in my eyes eventually blinds me?

I know where you are coming from. I think that's the nature of the beast though. If we can get through the hardest days with a little bit of optimism. Then we can get through all of them. :)

Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Online Gemmal

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 07:05:10 PM »
Gomubukai thank you so much for replying , nice to know im not alone out there ! and i LOVE " If we can get through the hardest days with a little bit of optimism. Then we can get through all of them" I should have this tatoo'd to me!! lol .

Good Luck also :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 07:29:38 PM »
Hahaha! Glad I could help - even a little.

The 'what if' days really know how to put a spanner in the works. Someone on here called them 'setbacks' and it makes perfect sense. We feel great for days, weeks at a time and then it feels like one day of uncertainty puts us right back to where we started.

I know this though. Even though I have set backs occasionally. I seem to be able to get myself back on track faster each time (usually). I think it's because the more of those days we have where we CAN convince ourselves it really is anxiety, gradually chip away at the doubt.

I put a post on here a few days ago asking if anyone knew of ways to not be constantly, subliminally scanning the body for signs and symptoms. And the general consensus was that its a matter of rewiring the brain to think differently.

Easy to say that kind of thing, MUCH harder to do.  :dazed:

I believe it can be done though and we can be free of anxiety :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 07:34:48 PM »
It's tough but I'm starting to realize it more an more everyday because the more I do the more of my symptoms go away.
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline japheree

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 04:49:35 AM »
Slowly getting there. The times I think I am ill are a lot fewer than the times I realise it is all anxiety. I am starting to recognise an overlap between stressful times and symptoms and I am freakign out a lot less.

My body still reacts as if I am ill but my mind is slowly getting round to the fact I am not, I just feel crap and need to relax and not worry about how I feel at a given time/ not bother noticing! :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 06:10:36 AM »
I know exactly what you mean - my fear is a heart attack and all my symptoms can easily be explained by anxiety, but also by a heart attack.

I keep thinking of the old line "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not after me" LOL

Take it one day at a time, rely on your docs and try and enjoy life!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lo213

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 01:23:11 PM »
I'm 99.9% sure it's anxiety, too bad it's the .1% that keeps me living in fear. I hate it!  Heart fears are pretty much my only worry , and I often wish it was something else that the tests are more accurate for....but then I wouldn't worry so anxiety couldn't win. I had a stomach cancer fear and and an upper endo which showed nothing but gastritis and I haven't feared that since!  The heart tests don't calm me because of the stories about people passing them and then dying the next week. So the uncertainty fills me with fear. I can have a symptom and be pretty sure it's just anxiety or something harmless but then the what if gets stuck in my head.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 02:58:20 PM »
I wish I could believe that my headache and irrational fear of a tumour is all due to anxiety but I find it crazy that the mind can cause so many physical symptoms! What reassures me (for about 2 seconds) is that I google symptoms that I don't have and then they appear! I imagine I've just seen a flashing light or smelt burning because that would mean I have a tumour for sure!  I always wonder how this has just appeared from nowhere! I have always been a bit of a worrier and I suppose it's been laying dormant!

I do find this forum good for a little release but I also worry that it makes me ruminate more! However, reading all the headache threads reassures me as it's not likely we can all have brain tumours!
Bookmark and Share

Online Gemmal

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 07:11:59 PM »
Thanks for all the responses guys so nice to know were all in the same boat ! I guess this really is he bottom line of anxiety " what if " .

Lymphoma has been my main fear over two years and the funny thing is when I worry about something else my lymphoma "symptoms" just dissappear !

Since two years ago I have had lymphoma , skin cancer , eye cancer and now today I have had a headache for the past week so of course it's a brain tumour ! ( nothing to do with my sore throat therefore a common cold or my glaring at a computer all day ) ( see, there's the rational me coming back into play again)

The joys ! If I could have one thing for Christmas it would be to be free from this !
Bookmark and Share

Offline JenMarie279

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 12:29:05 AM »
I know what you mean.  Some days I try to talk myself down and say it is all in my head and it is just anxiety.  Then sometimes I wonder if something seriously is wrong with me that I am just brushing off as anxiety.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline japheree

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 08:00:39 AM »
Actually, I will change my post, I actually,. actually FINALLY think I have accepted I am only feeling crap because of anxiety. there is nothing else this could be, it has all the hallmarks.

I know that I do not have so many illnesses because of investigations conducted over the last few months. I am well, I am just anxious!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: