Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Officially freaking!  (Read 221 times)

Offline mkgirl01

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Officially freaking!
« on: December 17, 2013, 08:50:59 PM »
So I just had this kinda tight squeezing pressure at the top of my head and I'm terrified as to what it could be.... Also on Saturday I thought I had a stomach bug because I kept have diarriah and I was super achy also my stomach hurt very bad... It then got better but today I had to go I was passing gas a lot and then I had diarriah again!! wtf please help!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
Re: Officially freaking!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 08:56:36 PM »
I could have wrote that post!! I get those symptoms a lot on and off with my anxiety! Probiotics help :) the pressure on / in the head I find goes away if I massage my front neck muscles. Try a hot bath to relax  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
Broken, But Not Destroyed

Offline cbhaga01

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • JAM
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 02:21:15 AM »
I get these from time to time.  Honestly, I chalk it up to sinuses.  They can do some terribly odd things to your head, but they're harmless  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
"Living every day with a fear of dying isn't really living at all."

drunkonworry.blogspot.com

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 03:16:22 AM »
Does the tightness come on suddenly?

I have never had sudden tightness but I get headaches a lot. Each and every time I fear it is a brain tumour but my anxiety is usually like a roller coaster; I can calm myself down but then it creeps back up.

As for your digestive and bowel movements, I can feel your pain; at the moment I am having weird pains; sometimes sharp, sometimes dull and acidy. None of us can diagnose you but all of these symptoms you are experiencing can be symptoms of anxiety.

Anxiety starts with your thoughts… if you can accept that it is anxiety, then your symptoms (if they are due to anxiety) will subside over time. It never works suddenly though (important to remember this); I went weeks without anxiety (on a conscious level) but my symptoms of anxiety persisted the whole way through and still do.

Check your neck muscles (at the back). At the moment, I have been getting slight headaches everyday. Yesterday morning, I felt my neck muscles and they ached as if they had been put under strain for hours on end. They are still aching now and will do for another 2 days maybe. The pain goes right the way up to the back of my head from my traps.

Also, how old are you? If you get sudden severe tightness in your head (and I mean excruciating pain to the point where you wouldn't have the patience to create a topic on here), that would be a cause for concern immediately. But if it doesn't impair your daily activities, maybe go see a doctor to make sure it is not anything alarming but other than that, you can safely expect it to be anxiety/stress related.

It's the same with your digestive/bowel problems; persistent, or sudden severe pain, blood or severe constipation/watery stools that impairs your daily activities would be a cause for concern; check with a doc but if all is clear, then you can safely conclude that it is more likely anxiety/stress related.

But none of us here can properly diagnose you, obviously. So don't take our word alone.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 03:24:48 AM »
I can sympathise with you as since I have been anxious for the last few weeks i've had the same tightness at the top of my head like pressure and also an upset tummy. Although I am a worrier and always think the worst, I am blaming it on anxiety at the moment!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 04:35:52 AM »
Such headaches are usually tension headache or exertion headaches - that is, the muscles on your head stimulated by physical stress. Your illness can easily result in such a situation, since the immediate symptoms of it are much more urgent and obvious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brody108

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 04:52:29 AM »
I got this when my anxiety started back up this time last year. My neck & shoulder muscles were so tense from all the stress and I think it was part of the issue.

Started using an ice pack for 20min on my shoulders and it released a great amount of tension/pressure.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: