Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Chest pain with some shortness of breath, please help.  (Read 191 times)

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Chest pain with some shortness of breath, please help.
« on: December 17, 2013, 04:17:26 PM »
   So over the past month I've dealt with some pretty bad health anxiety from thinking I have ALS, MS, a brain tumor, Leukemia, and now Lymphoma because of the two swollen nodes I have(they are relatively firm, but moveable and shrinking a bit so not to worried anymore). I have been to the doctor and he said I have nothing to worry about, but recently I have been dealing with some dull chest pain, shortness of breath, and heart palpations, and occasional tightness in the throat. This is a new onset of symptoms I've been dealing with, and every time i've gone to the doctor he took a listen to my heart, and lungs and said everything is fine.
    The pain is very dull and the shortness of breath last anywhere from 1-5 minutes, and gets worse if I exert myself. Just recently today when I stood up I could actually feel my heart beating for 5 seconds and just got incredibly winded. It just randomly happens like I will be sitting there and my heart rate will pick up with out doing anything and it will go away, it happens mostly while laying down, and right before I fall asleep. It does happen when I feel anxious but more an more it happens when I am not, and now it's the thing that is making me anxious because I know chest pain and trouble breathing is a symptom of lymphoma.
Let it be know that I'm a 20 year, 190, 6'2 male who before this was running 2.5 miles a day and did weight lifting with relative ease and no breathing problems.
I would love some feedback and love to know if this happens to anyone and if is something I should worry about or not.  :bigsmile:

Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline DaphneNL

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Chest pain with some shortness of breath, please help.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 04:38:10 PM »
All these symptoms are classic anxiety symptoms. Even when you're worrying about something in the back of your mind you can feel those symptoms coming up.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 10:03:26 PM »
Thank you for a response!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Baseball1221

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 10:51:47 PM »
I went through this exact same thing. I thought i had diabetes, stroke, blood clot. You name it. I currently am scared of a brain tumor ... So yeah

But i had chest pains and palpitations, racing heart. I couldnt sleep because i was so scared. After research, i learned of the anxiety symptoms. I'm only 16 and I was scared of a heart attack. It's weird what anxiety can do to you. I just try to convince myself nothing is wrong and do anything i can to get my mind off it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 12:58:53 AM »
Thanks! this is all relatively new for me so it's still kind of scary, but this forum is fantastic for support.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: