Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Ladies--Breast Pain and Soreness Throughout the Month?  (Read 256 times)

Offline CaliforniaDreamer

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ladies--Breast Pain and Soreness Throughout the Month?
« on: December 17, 2013, 12:58:04 PM »
Does anyone experience breast pain and tenderness randomly throughout the month. I thought my breast pain was related to ovulating or my period, but I am having pain and soreness outside of these times. Today, I've been having shooting pain in my breasts and my underarms feel itchy and uncomfortable.

Also, when I clamp my breast ( who knows why I do this!) my right breast feels thicker almost like a huge hard lump. I'm not sure if it's breast tissue or what.

I have an appointment with the ObGyn on Monday but was wondering if anyone can relate?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Littledreamer1337

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ladies--Breast Pain and Soreness Throughout the Month?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 03:12:20 AM »
Had this problem a couple months ago.
Started with pain in my right breast, a soreness that was persistent and noticeable anywhere I went, all day.
I panicked and was feeling the outside of my right breast/ underarm every day, several times a day. It itched too.
I only lasted a week and gave in and went to the doctor, she did a breast exam and said it felt like fibrocystic breast tissue but just to be safe sent me in for an ultrasound.
They didn't find anything but said just to be safe if the problems persisted to come back in two months.
The hardened breast tissue I felt is still there, and what I didn't realize before I let myself panic was that I had never really given myself a breast exam before!
But what I also learned is that breast pain can start two weeks before your period even starts. In my case, it started at around that time, and it faded away when my period started.  I haven't felt it since. If your periods have given you trouble before, like mine, this is a common side effect and if it doesn't go away when your period starts, or you notice any other symptoms, get checked out just to be safe :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline CaliforniaDreamer

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 11:18:19 AM »
Thank you for sharing your experience.

I will be going to the GYN on Monday so I will have it investigated further. They are still sore and painful and I should be starting my period next week.

I hope I get good news like you and can move on from this fear.
Bookmark and Share

Offline candaceb816

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 11:35:54 AM »
Yes, I have been experiencing this lately. It happens in both breasts usually so I don't give it much thought. I think it might be either peoples or hormone related for me. Also, caffiene can enhance pain like that, which I learned from my DR.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 04:25:54 PM »
My arm pits itch on some days like crazy and then won't itch for a week or so.  I'm older (63 in 10 days) and I read that older skin in that area tends to itch.  Also,  wearing tight clothing on sagging skin can rub at it just enough to cause the itch sensation. I notice my 'itch' tends to come when I'm changing out of my clothing and into my jammies (which are not too tight).  I stopped using deoderant, shave less often and use dollar store 'Gold Bond Powder' for the itch.  One medical site said stress and an allergy to our own sweat. 

My primary looked at my arm pits when I had a tiny ingrown hair there and he said they looked fine to him, for my age. 

I have regular blood tests for liver, kidney, etc.. functions so know my armpit itch is none of the above. 

GLAD you're having the 'hard breast' checked.  Let us know what they say!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: