Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feeling fine then wham-anxiety  (Read 354 times)

Offline Hayley

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feeling fine then wham-anxiety
« on: December 17, 2013, 07:29:00 AM »
Hi guys. Hope your having  a panic free night.
I've been doing so well lately, I've been promoted to manager at work, losing weight at a good rate and planning my wedding to the man of my dreams. Tonight was going great I was making some Christmas cards and watching one of my favorite shows on tv, Then I felt it creeping in.  Honestly it's like a living thing that comes and takes over your body. That horrible feeling of utter dread and needing to escape, but how can you escape from yourself?! I'm in bed now (it 10.30pm) and I'm convinced I'm going to have a heart attack, a stroke or fit. Giving myself permission to go to the hospital helps but I worry that they will turn me away or that I'm wasting their time. Anxiety is just such a nasty thing.
Anyway thank for the vent, it really help me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling fine then wham-anxiety
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 08:45:02 AM »
Hi, Hayley,

I hope you're feeling better. First of, congratulations for all the positive things in your life, I imagine they were well deserved!
Smaller setbacks are something we all experience at some point. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
If you should ever feel you need to go to hospital, don't feel bad about it. People are there to help. And luckily more and more health professionals don't just dismiss anxiety and depression anymore, thinking it's waste of their time.

Again, nice to read about all the nice stuff you achieved in your life. Take care!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Offline Hayley

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 09:26:09 AM »
Thanks so much for the reply Leo99 and all the kind well wishes. I'm still not doing awesomely but knowing that people are there helps. Even if it is only through the computer lol.
It is so great that the nurses etc now take anxiety more seriously, I think it's more my shame that stops me going up there. Maybe. Who knows.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 10:52:58 AM »
I'm sorry, that's rough!! I haven't had panic attacks in a couple months, but I understand where you're coming from.  I've been doing better on the Lexapro, but I have worsened anxiety related to my cycle. So I feel like I'll make good progress for a couple weeks, then I'm just FLOODED with high anxiety for a few days. Just keep doing what you can to care for yourself, and good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: