Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: so scared I have hantavirus  (Read 131 times)

Offline ks1621

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
so scared I have hantavirus
« on: December 17, 2013, 01:11:34 AM »
Iwas recently running some wiring at work and I had.to move.a drop down ceiling panel and when I did some mice poop fell down on me and when I looked in the ceiling it was everywhere. Im so worried that im going to get hantavirus now and a co worker that was doin the same thing a couple weeks earlier got sick like a week after. Now im waiting.to see if I get sick and cant stay off google ofourse
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: so scared I have hantavirus
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 03:55:05 AM »
You don't have a hantavirus infection. Its carried by deer mice. They do not like ceilings, and are not house mice.
Bookmark and Share

Offline adbukovsky

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Meditation is key.
    • Poke This Member
Re: so scared I have hantavirus
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 04:05:33 AM »
Actually, deer mice like insulation, and if that ceiling was to an attic, deer mice can be in there. BUT, deer mice are predominately found in the North and North West and in warmer climates. My mother actually had the hantavirus back in the 90's. She was helping my father and step father clean out a attic and there was tons of mice ***** everywhere inside the insulation. It was powder like. At the time they didn't know that it was deer mice droppings, or that it was dangerous. A day or two after she couldn't breathe very well and she went to her doctor which then rushed her to the ER as her oxygen level was down to 60. They did all tests and found out she had hantavirus and isolated her in an oxygen tent. She was in an out of consciousness from it all, but thankfully made it out alive. You'd know if you had the hantavrius. You can barely walk or breathe. If you feel that you can't do either in the next few days, go to your doctor just to be safe, otherwise I highly doubt you have it. Plus, it's a rare disease. :)
Bookmark and Share
Find the calm you seek, within yourself.

Tags: