Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Broken Tooth  (Read 68 times)

Offline lilyofthevalley

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Broken Tooth
« on: December 16, 2013, 10:51:58 PM »
I broke a molar this evening when I bit down on a piece of candy. Ever since then, I have been freaking out because I ca't call the dentist to have them look at it. It feels like a large peice came out, but my husband assures me it is not that large and that there is no pulp showing. The tooth does not hurt, but is sensitive to cold.

I of course googled it, and it said if the tooth is bleeding then you should see a dentist right away. Well, when I brushed my teeth I had blood, but not before that. My husband looked at the tootb and told me that there was no way that the blodd was coming from the tooth, that I must have irritated the gum. I gently brushed my teeth an hour later, and at first there was no blood, but then it showed up again.

Totally freaking out because we had a former VP in my company die from an infection that stemmed from her tooth. So of course, I am totally convinced I am subject to the same fate, which is totally ridiculous. I would really like to wait till the beginning of the year to get this taken care of since I have used all my FSA money, but I know that I will at least need to do the initial consultation to get the assurance that this can wait until Jan. 2nd.

just looking for reassurances of people that had broken teeth, I guess?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Broken Tooth
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 05:56:27 AM »
I am guessing you can't afford a visit to the dentist? My own guess will be that you will know if it get infected. It will let you know. Pain wise and other wise. You could rinse your mouth out a few times a day with things you can buy from a chemist. Special mouth wash things for teeth. Explain the situation to the chemist. They will know what to give you. That way you can make sure you are not leaving yourself open to infection. If you do get a chance to visit a dentist, take it. Just to be sure. But such a death from such a thing would be very very rare. It would really have to be bad. I wouldn't be thinking of death. Just of keeping the area clean with whatever you buy in the chemist.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: