Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Fear of caffeinated drinks..  (Read 285 times)

Offline GADawg87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fear of caffeinated drinks..
« on: December 16, 2013, 09:55:59 PM »
Other than my intense fear of rabies, I also have a very odd fear of caffeinated drinks (only drinks that are citrus based). I used to  enjoy drinking these drinks, but I had a panic attack after my Dad told me in casual conversation that some guy from his work had told him about a guy that died from esophagus cancer after drinking these types of drinks. During the conversation, I had a major panic attack and had to leave the room. Whenever I'm in stores now, I can barely stand to look at these types of drinks. I know that this may sound extremely crazy, but it's driving me crazy. The sheer thought of me drinking a Mountain Dew now almost makes me shake.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fear of caffeinated drinks..
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 05:49:43 AM »
At best I can say ' don't drink them '. But just looking at them should be something you should work on. A can or a bottle on a shelf can't harm you. The story your father told you was probably either a one in a trillion story or pure urban myth. Way of stopping a person drinking such drinks. Tell them such a story. That will do the trick. But nobody can force you to drink these drinks at all. They can make anxiety worse at times. Maybe you are better off without them.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline grungedingo

• Robbie the Rabbit
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Better to burn out than fade away
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fear of caffeinated drinks..
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 08:22:40 AM »
I haven't drank anything with caffeine in it for over a year, I used to guzzle energy drinks, coffee, soda. I found that since I have stopped drinking caffeine my anxiety has decreased. Granted I still have fairly bad anxiety but any stimulant can trigger a panic attack, so I avoid them.
Bookmark and Share
maybe, you think you can save me. Will you love me? Take care of me? Heal all my pain?

Tags: