Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: ENT appointment today--feeling nervous :(  (Read 224 times)

Offline mct425

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
ENT appointment today--feeling nervous :(
« on: December 16, 2013, 02:15:30 PM »
For the past two months I've had some kind of weird facial pressure (ENT said it was "sinus pressure") but I'm so scared it's a tumor in there somewhere because it won't go away.  I've seen two doctors who have both said it isn't a tumor and that it could be a myriad of other things first.  I haven't had a sinus infection, congestion, cold, or anything other than this pressure across my nose and sometimes into my forehead.  I've tried an antibiotic, steroids, and Nasonex--none of which helped.  It has improved slightly since two months ago, but it's still there.  The intensity comes and goes daily, but it's always there in some form.

I'm going back to the ENT today for a follow-up.  He was completely unconcerned the first visit and said it was just sinus pressure, but come back in a month if it was still there.  Well....it's been a month and it's still there along with bloody mucus from one nostril now :(  I'm so scared it's a tumor in my sinuses somewhere that the stress is probably making the pressure worse.

Help!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: ENT appointment today--feeling nervous :(
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 05:15:33 PM »
Just got back from ENT-he did another thorough exam and said there is no sign whatsoever of a tumor, that I have chronic sinusitis which is taking its form as sinus pressure.  He did order a CT scan though to "put my mind at ease."  Guess he figures if I see it on film then I'll believe it!  Of course there's also a part of me thinking, "He's got to cover himself, too...maybe he's also doing a CT scan just to verify that he's right in his diagnosis."  The joys of anxiety, right?
Bookmark and Share

Offline SighNoMore

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 06:18:48 PM »
I have tons of pain/pressure points on my nose, forehead, and eyebrow area. I have not had sinus infections, but I know it is sinus pressure. It is there near constantly. I understand your fear. Don't let the anxiety win. Trust the idea that the pain and pressure is most likely sinus induced.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 03:34:43 PM »
Woke up today with more bloody boogers when I blew my nose (but nothing the rest of the day).  But pressure has been pretty bad all day along with a headache.  Perhaps related to the storm moving through our area???  Anyway, I'm trying so hard to believe that the doctor is right and that if he had an inkling that something was wrong he would have said so.  Not having a lot of luck with it today.  I have the CT scan scheduled for next week, and while I'm not afraid of the scan itself I'm PETRIFIED of what the results might show.  Luckily the holidays are keeping my mind super busy, but the "tumor" fear still lurks.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: