Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Skipped heartbeats/upper gut problems  (Read 128 times)

Offline vtecturbo

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Skipped heartbeats/upper gut problems
« on: December 16, 2013, 01:31:24 PM »
Hi all, I would like to seek some advise. For the past year or so I had skipped heartbeat on and off. They can go away n come back with full vengeance .. When it first started I went to the cardio , got 2 EKG which is normal n wore a holter 24hours. Holter shows 451 skipped beats but the cardio isn't too eager to work on it n ask me to ignore them . Saw another dr n advise to take vitamin D3 which no improvement .. It can go away n come bk suddenly. Recently it came bk with full vengeance ! Especially after meals. I felt bloated or gassy.. Last night I really feel that my upper gut is in a mess... Bloated reflux n skipped heartbeats attack for 2 full hrs.. I'm damn tired of these symptom. Ever since I had AD at age 27, I had never felt healthy .. There always symptoms after sypmtoms. But the skipped beats are real n annoying. Anyone had overcome this pls tell me how ??

Thks
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Skipped heartbeats/upper gut problems
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 03:47:44 PM »
skipped heartbeats are very common. Everyone has them, often a lot of them, and are caused by a huge number of things. Skipped beats like you describe, by themselves, are not dangerous. You're terrified, and understandably so. But nothing youve said suggests a health problem. What you're describing is something that only needs to be watched if you have a heart condition.

Look up "Premature ventricular contraction" if it worries you that much. You'll see its relatively harmless. Try not to stress out too much... Anxiety makes it happen more often. It is still essentially harmless, but its hard not to notice it when you're terrified.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: