Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Strange sensation in chest/abdomen when speaking - driving me INSANE  (Read 130 times)

Offline hypochondrius

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Often when I speak, I get this strange sensation of rumbling/vibration (cant even find the right word for it) in either the lower part of my chest, my back, stomach/abdomen etc. doctors don't know what it is. It doesn't hurt, but its only started happening within the last month, and I can't find anything about it online. Apparently its something like fremitus, but that's apparently only when you're holding your hand over the affected area. I'm referring to when im just talking normally and don't have my hand on my body, and I worry its a tumor somewhere in there that is causing echoing/vibrations when I speak. It's very frightening. has ANYONE ever had this before?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pichooi

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Strange sensation in chest/abdomen when speaking - driving me INSANE
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 12:32:48 PM »
Never heard of it but if you did talk to your doctor about it and tumour was a possibility I'm sure he/she would have considered that conclusion. Mysterious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hypochondrius

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 01:13:31 PM »
I wish it was that simple.  But I live in Canada, where doctors always assume its nothing until whatever it is is at its worst possible stage and I'm close to death unfortunately.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hypochondrius

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 05:06:56 PM »
I was just thinking of something:

I work in a call center, have for two years. The last two months at times I was working 14 hour shifts, whereby I talk all day with often back to back calls in technical support. I read something about voice overuse causing benign cysts/legions on vocal cords. Does anyone here think that's possibly whats causing this deep resonation/vibration in my chest/upper abdomen when speaking sometimes?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: