Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Should you look at yourself? Not sure if this is healthy or not  (Read 103 times)

Offline japheree

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Should you look at yourself? Not sure if this is healthy or not
« on: December 16, 2013, 05:16:32 AM »
So thanks to meds I am now at a stage where I belive my doctors opinion about me not being seriously ill, I also don't freak out about things. I am generally calm and looking forward in my life. The only issue is this. I can't look at myself. I am scared that looking will lead to freaking and so I try to shower in the dark and avoid all mirrors from the face downwards.

I know us Hypos should not obsess over looking at ourselves but at the same time, not looking at all seems equally indicative of HA behaviour. I am due to start CBT in the new year but for now I am doing what I think is best for myself. Should I try to confront my body or try my best to keep away from doing that until I have got into therapy?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 151
    • Poke This Member
Re: Should you look at yourself? Not sure if this is healthy or not
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 06:22:58 AM »
You ever hear of affirmations? This is one instance they might really help someone to love and respect themselves for who they are and how they look. You can find loads online. Just write them down on sticky paper and stick them around the house. So everywhere you go in the house you will see something positive about yourself and how you look and feel about yourself. All about getting things into the subconscious mind. That is were the changes have to be made. I am sure you will find out more about this when you begin your CBT.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: