Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: New symptoms...Help?  (Read 128 times)

Offline MichGuy

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New symptoms...Help?
« on: December 15, 2013, 11:12:01 PM »
Hello all! My main anxiety symptom is usually always shortness of breath, but for the past week I have been having odd throat symptoms.

My throat will get tight around my adam's apple, and is sometimes tender to touch. The throat tightness sometimes gets into spasms that pull up under my chin. My throat also feels like it's constricting, but when I look in the mirror, nothing is abnormal that I can see. I can always swallow food and water, but if I am not actively eating or drinking anything, it is very hard to initiate a swallow. It will occasionally get worse after eating -- other times it starts out of nowhere.

Now these symptoms are bad on their own, but put it together with my shortness of breath, and there is a big panic issue. I have tried antacids and such and nothing seems to work.

I get scared of it being some kind of cancer, or even worse, a neuromuscular thing.

Is this something I should get checked out, or is this a new manifestation of anxiety?
Bookmark and Share

Offline japheree

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New symptoms...Help?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 06:08:14 AM »
There is something called globus hystericus which is a common anxiety symptom. I had it for a few weeks during the summer. Like you, I never lost the ability to swallow food or water but when i just cleared my throat it felt difficult.

If this was anything actually worng with your throat then you would find it difficult to swallow food and water so to me I would assume it was anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: