Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Survived both parites without a panic attack  (Read 156 times)

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Survived both parites without a panic attack
« on: December 15, 2013, 10:41:22 PM »
Hi everyone, well I just wanted to say I survived to two parties that I have been dreading for the last month. Yesterday I went to one of them; I was a little anxious on the way there, but I ended up having a great time. And the second party was today; a cousin's son's first birthday party. My husband and I went with my Dad. Before I left I started to get nervous--my armpits felt sweaty :(  But after I got there and saw a lot of my relatives that I hadn't seen in a while I had another great time!

In the recent past I have had bad experiences going to parties etc. (bad experiences, meaning--panic attacks). So, this is a big deal for me to have made it through without any panic at all.

I think that my thinking can get me into big trouble as far as my level of anxiety. Today I was just absolutely thinking the worst. I saw myself being confronted by the obnoxious relative who gets my heart rate up with his attitude. And all that bad thinking is what caused me to start to sweat. Well, when that relative saw me he said, 'where's Carrieann?', so I played along and said, 'I'm not here, I stayed home'. And then we laughed.

So, anyway I would like to tell anyone who suffers from social anxiety--if you can change your thinking before going out somewhere it will really help in the end. Don't think the worst---if you find yourself having a bad thought about how your evening out will go, tell yourself it will not be as bad as you imagine it will. Because it really never is that bad.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Survived both parites without a panic attack
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 11:10:20 PM »
Congratulations  Carrieann!  Thank you so much for sharing your success at the two parties that you attended, and how you did it by maintaining positive thoughts and attitude.  That is wonderful that you were able to step out of your comfort zone, and have a good time.  The best to you!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Offline simoliz03

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 12:03:12 AM »
  You rock CarrieAnn!  :bigsmile:
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 10:56:35 AM »
Thank You Chuck and simoliz :) I feel so good today like I can conquer the world! I have waited so long for the day that I could actually go out and have a good time again, like I used to. Now I know it IS possible to overcome anxiety and panic  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline mujer_verde

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 12:37:35 PM »
Wow, that's awesome!  And you totally rock for sharing your good experience and advice, thank you!!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: