I am a healthy 16 year old male. Never done tobacco, drank alcohol once, fairly healthy diet.
Basically I am and have been extremely scared and anxious that something has been wrong with me for at least 3 months. I thought I had diabetes, got tested, nothing. I thought I had a stroke. I thought I was having a heart attack. I thought I had a blood clot. And finally, I thought I had mono. I have had extreme hypochondria as you can tell. BUT, I have also had some abnormal things going on. Now, I am extremely scared of a brain tumor. But this is worse than ever. My symptoms seem more accurate than ever. This is what's been going on:
- Headaches on/around the same spot on the left side of my head every single day for the past 3 weeks. They are migraine-like. Started off dull the first week, but seems to be a bit sharper now. They are sometimes throbbing and last like 10 seconds. Sometimes constant and last up to 30 minutes all throughout the day. They seem to be worse in the morning when I wake up and start moving around OR when I start thinking about it again. Sometimes I can feel it in my right temple and forehead, but it is mainly on the same spot on my left side all the time. Sometimes I can get jaw pain/pain in my mouth. Could it be my wisdom teeth coming in? It doesn't wake me in the middle of the night or anything like that.
- Fatigue for at least 2 and a half months. I just feel out of energy a lot. I get a lot of sleep at night! At school, I usually find myself putting my head down on my desk more than ever! I have trouble reading and concentrating a lot of times! However, the fatigue is getting better. I seem to be more awake, and that symptom, and only that symptom seems to be subsiding.
- About 1 time a week for the past... I wanna say month and a half or so, I have been waking up in the middle of the night with a numb left arm mainly. Sometimes happens in my foot. I will just shake it out and get pins and needles. It instantly comes back to feel once I do this.
- About twice in the past month I have had a tingly left side of my face. This lasts about an hour and a half to two hours.
- Left leg feels heavier than right leg.
- Muscle twitching. I seem to be getting it more and more often now. It is just all around my body, and it just feels like something is jumping up and down a spot on my bone, or something. Sometimes it comes in ones, or less often threes. It mainly seems to be on my left side. More often my hamstrings, calves, thigh and left arm. Tonight, I had a very quick 3 muscle twitches on my left leg on the same spot. Now, it hurts there quite bad. It is really sore, and feels really heavy now.
- Ringing in the ears. Mostly my right ear. At random times of the day, it feels like my ear just pops and I get ringing. It lasts 10 seconds tops.
- I have had occasional episodes where I feel like I'm not there. Almost like depersonalization. It feels like I'm in some kind of dream or something. Or like I just feel like my head is the only thing on my body. I feel detached. It rarely happens.
I have been at the doctor about 3 times in the past 2 months. I had A1c, electrolytes, B12, Iron, CBC's, thyroid levels, hemogoblin levels etc. checked. Almost everything! Still, nothing shows!
I had a spell the night after a hard workout which sent me to the ER. I had excruciating back and chest pain. Mainly back. I sat down and watched T.V. A few minutes in, the back pain instantly went away. I then felt like I was going to faint or something. I never felt this feeling before in my life. It was almost a detached feeling, or like I was going numb. But I wasn't. I could feel myself perfectly fine. It was an anxiety attack, I'm sure of it. I spent the night at the ER. I got every single blood test done. Nothing found except a muscle enzyme level of 260 and a little bit high of a WBC count at 12. Nothing they were concerned about. I also had a chest x-ray which showed up clear. I was sent home, but I'm still not good! Please help! Could it be anxiety? Am I just having severe hypochondria here? Or does it seem like I really do have a brain tumour?? I don't have seizures or anything like that.
I am booked in with a paediatrician in January, but I am super scared... I just feel depressed or something. Sorry this is so long, it's just the only way to get my mind off of things.