Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: So scared of a brain tumor. I cant take this anymore!  (Read 486 times)

Offline Baseball1221

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So scared of a brain tumor. I cant take this anymore!
« on: December 15, 2013, 10:18:20 PM »
I am a healthy 16 year old male. Never done tobacco, drank alcohol once, fairly healthy diet.
Basically I am and have been extremely scared and anxious that something has been wrong with me for at least 3 months. I thought I had diabetes, got tested, nothing. I thought I had a stroke. I thought I was having a heart attack. I thought I had a blood clot. And finally, I thought I had mono. I have had extreme hypochondria as you can tell. BUT, I have also had some abnormal things going on. Now, I am extremely scared of a brain tumor. But this is worse than ever. My symptoms seem more accurate than ever. This is what's been going on:

- Headaches on/around the same spot on the left side of my head every single day for the past 3 weeks. They are migraine-like. Started off dull the first week, but seems to be a bit sharper now. They are sometimes throbbing and last like 10 seconds. Sometimes constant and last up to 30 minutes all throughout the day. They seem to be worse in the morning when I wake up and start moving around OR when I start thinking about it again. Sometimes I can feel it in my right temple and forehead, but it is mainly on the same spot on my left side all the time. Sometimes I can get jaw pain/pain in my mouth. Could it be my wisdom teeth coming in? It doesn't wake me in the middle of the night or anything like that.

- Fatigue for at least 2 and a half months. I just feel out of energy a lot. I get a lot of sleep at night! At school, I usually find myself putting my head down on my desk more than ever! I have trouble reading and concentrating a lot of times! However, the fatigue is getting better. I seem to be more awake, and that symptom, and only that symptom seems to be subsiding.

- About 1 time a week for the past... I wanna say month and a half or so, I have been waking up in the middle of the night with a numb left arm mainly. Sometimes happens in my foot. I will just shake it out and get pins and needles. It instantly comes back to feel once I do this.

- About twice in the past month I have had a tingly left side of my face. This lasts about an hour and a half to two hours.

- Left leg feels heavier than right leg.

- Muscle twitching. I seem to be getting it more and more often now. It is just all around my body, and it just feels like something is jumping up and down a spot on my bone, or something. Sometimes it comes in ones, or less often threes. It mainly seems to be on my left side. More often my hamstrings, calves, thigh and left arm. Tonight, I had a very quick 3 muscle twitches on my left leg on the same spot. Now, it hurts there quite bad. It is really sore, and feels really heavy now.

- Ringing in the ears. Mostly my right ear. At random times of the day, it feels like my ear just pops and I get ringing. It lasts 10 seconds tops.

- I have had occasional episodes where I feel like I'm not there. Almost like depersonalization. It feels like I'm in some kind of dream or something. Or like I just feel like my head is the only thing on my body. I feel detached. It rarely happens.

I have been at the doctor about 3 times in the past 2 months. I had A1c, electrolytes, B12, Iron, CBC's, thyroid levels, hemogoblin levels etc. checked. Almost everything! Still, nothing shows!
I had a spell the night after a hard workout which sent me to the ER. I had excruciating back and chest pain. Mainly back. I sat down and watched T.V. A few minutes in, the back pain instantly went away. I then felt like I was going to faint or something. I never felt this feeling before in my life. It was almost a detached feeling, or like I was going numb. But I wasn't. I could feel myself perfectly fine. It was an anxiety attack, I'm sure of it. I spent the night at the ER. I got every single blood test done. Nothing found except a muscle enzyme level of 260 and a little bit high of a WBC count at 12. Nothing they were concerned about. I also had a chest x-ray which showed up clear. I was sent home, but I'm still not good! Please help! Could it be anxiety? Am I just having severe hypochondria here? Or does it seem like I really do have a brain tumour?? I don't have seizures or anything like that.
I am booked in with a paediatrician in January, but I am super scared... I just feel depressed or something. Sorry this is so long, it's just the only way to get my mind off of things.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pichooi

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: So scared of a brain tumor. I cant take this anymore!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 06:13:05 AM »
Hi there.
I understand your worry as I have made myself sick with worry over a possible brain tumour too. I have also had headaches (nearly two months), twitching and tremors. I am going to see a neurologist soon (waiting for him to call me to make the appointment today) which will hopefully lead to to discover I have nothing. I would suggest you trying to see a neurologist too not because I think you have a brain tumour just to ease your mind and get to the bottom of this. Muscle twitches are quite common so that symptom may not require too much stress I actually read on the web that twitches show normality rather than abnormality and the longer you worry about them the more you get (I have been trying to convince myself of this too). Clenching you jaw while you sleep can cause headaches in the morning so that is possibly the cause of your headache.
Anxiety causes a lot of strange things to happen so I wouldn't be surprised if it is the cause. Most people I've discussed my fears with believe it to be anxiety but your doing the right thing by investigating as it s always better to go to the doctor on time too many than one time too few.
Just remember you have age on your side. Hormones do funny things so that may rule things out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Baseball1221

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 05:35:51 PM »
Thanks for your response. Yes, I have tried to get into A neurologist. But, the wait is months and months. I feel like I can't wait any longer to see a doctor. I really want a CT scan like now. I just feel ridiculously hopeless. It's horrible. I had such a bad day today. My headaches were kind of on my right side today. I felt so fatigue all day. And my twitching is just getting worse..

Sometimes, I just zone out. Almost like I'm really focused on something..
There's too much on my mind these days.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Baseball1221

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 06:37:21 PM »
Help. Something just happened im scared about.
I was doing dishes and i bent down to put a pot away and all of a sudden i felt a small crack in my knee and it felt like there was a lump there. It hurts to bend it/bend down. Its my left side, the side ive been having trouble with. At that time, i felt like that numbness feeling and kind of confused for a moment. but i wasnt numb. It honestly felt like i was gonna pass out. My symptoms have been getting a little better, headaches better but they come and go and last 10 seconds like ice pick headaches.
Help i thought i was going to faint seriously im scared.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Baseball1221

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 06:38:42 PM »
Could this be pls or als or ms? Im so scared right now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 07:50:43 PM »
Hmmmm, Many of your symptoms are exactly like mine, Mine only lasted for two-three weeks and were on the right side of my head. They occurred when I was most anxious, I've been calming down and things have been getting better, I though I had a brain tumor or MS/ALS like you but my doctor ruled it out quickly. He placed it all on anxiety, I've been accepting this diagnosis and have been getting better and the head aches are going away, the "brain fog" or depersonalization and it felt like nothing was going on in my head, but it is going away, and the twitches are going away. I was also waking up with a numb face and numb hand, and about four times I woke up with full body tremors. I recommend some meditation until you see a doctor. but it really is similar to what I was going through, just every thing was on the other side of my body, and apparently with ALS the twitching does't happen till your muscles are completely gone. I honestly think you need to take a deep breath and calm down a bit, i know it's easier said than done, it took me two weeks to get back to normal but I am and I truly do believe I'm fine besides my lymphoma fear which is also going away.
I really hope this helps and I apologize if i seemed harsh, I wasn't trying to be.
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline Baseball1221

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 08:04:41 PM »
Thank you. I am starting to get better with handling this now i am not thinking about it as much. Headaches getting better. The only thing that worries me right now was the knee thing and feeling of faint that just happened 30 min ago. Knee stiffened right up and is still a little stiff. Im not sure if the whole scare of it made me really light headed and feel of faint, or if it was actually something like a seizure.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 09:09:37 PM »
The leg thing I don't have an answer for, maybe try some light stretching?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Baseball1221

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 07:09:54 PM »
Quick update for anyone maybe reading this thread from google or this website with maybe similar symptoms as mine.
I went in for a dental X-ray to see if my wisdom teeth were coming in, and, HA! There it is. Sinus infection! A cloudy area just above the area by my very back molars.
Since being on amoxicillin, I have had a little bit of nausea and a tiny bit of diarrhea as a side effect. However, the headaches are going away a little bit but kind of spreading across the head as the bacteria is being cleared out of my sinuses.
Always take into consideration the more common problems you could be having, seeing as brain tumours are rare!!

Thanks, and good luck to anyone who has/is sharing similar symptoms as I am/was!
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 08:32:30 PM »
My doctor thinks it's sinus related also! Happy you found what is causing your problems!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: