Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Forgetfulness/Absentmindedness  (Read 224 times)

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Forgetfulness/Absentmindedness
« on: December 15, 2013, 03:28:44 PM »
Hi everyone...  Anyone out there find that they are having a problem with forgetfulness/absentmindedness, when their anxiety is high?  I also started on a new anti-depressant some three weeks ago, so that might play a role as well.  The other day I found myself getting ready to put something in the kitchen cabinet, that had no business even being in the kitchen.  In the last week I also messed-up my checkbook something royal, and I am a math wiz.  I laid down for a little rest this afternoon, and had a thought run through my mind that I put some DVD's away in a place I'll never find them (maybe the kitchen cabinet-LOL-we have got to keep laughing through this).  Can anyone relate.  Any stories to share?...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Forgetfulness/Absentmindedness
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 04:19:29 PM »
Yes!!! Here's my kitchen cabinet story....I got some lettuce out of the ice box to make a salad one day. I assumed I put the rest of it back in the ice box. Couple of days later I found a very wilted, sad, brown head of lettuce in the kitchen cabinet!!!! So, yes, I also get forgetful :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline nancyga13

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 05:30:38 PM »
Yea actually today I have had a lot!! I forgot to turn on the dryer after putting clothes in there!!! Sometimes I walk in a room and forget what I came for, one morning I almost poured tea instead of milk in my daughters cereal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 01:42:43 PM »
You are in no way alone with that! In my house, I literally have to carry around a notebook. If I don't write things down immediately, I WILL forget them. If hubby wants me to do something, my response is write it down!

Now at work its even worse for me. I work with quite a few drama queens as well as an un-medicated bipolar boss. That in itself makes my anxiety go up, but when one or more of my coworkers are on a "roll", my anxiety goes even higher. And I find I forget even more when that happens.

I know at least for me, the more anxious I am, the more I forget or am totally absentminded.
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Offline H2O

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 05:23:33 PM »
I have ADD and i already had this but it is really bad at the height of my anxiety. I mean your mind is in a hundred different places, it's normal to feel that way. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: