Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Heart worries...  (Read 204 times)

Online Kindra11

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
Heart worries...
« on: December 15, 2013, 02:43:26 PM »
Over the last 5 days I had a pain in my left arm kind of down the back part of it that settles in my elbow and after that started I ended up with a pain that will come and go under my left breast. If I push on the area it hurts! I was christmas shopping the day that this all started but I have never had these symptoms with my anxiety, I'm freaking out to the point where it is hard to breathe! I'm trying to convince my logical side of my head that this is muscle/ anxiety related as the chest pain is not constant and neither is the arm pains. Yesterday my arm didn't bother me at all and today the chest thing is better than it's been in the last few days. My arm is aching around my elbow and in my shoulder today and my arm has a weird " cold " feeling. Has anyone had this?? Is it a pinched nerve, tight muscle, heart attack?? What is going on with me?!

Side note I am 31 years old no history of heart problems in myself or my family. Any responses or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
Broken, But Not Destroyed

Offline jsnichols23

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Heart worries...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 05:05:01 PM »
You and I are in the same boat.  I have convinced myself I have a heart problem only because I stopped worrying about MS, ALS, Stroke, Tumor, Cancer...and believe me the list goes on.  I stopped into the emergency room 2 days ago because it felt like my pulse skipped a beat and I thought for sure I was going into Cardiac Arrest.  Doctors did an EKG, Blood work and a Chest X-ray(all came back normal).  I should note I had 2 more EKGs done 2 months ago- all normal.  I still didn't believe them so I ended up in the ER again to have another EKG and more blood work taken---All normal. Im 22 by the way and all my grandparents are still living--no heart troubles....Those pains you have in your arm I get it all the time from work.  I work marketing at Centurylink--I am pretty much sitting all day and I get the same feeling you described. Being 31 and me 22, we are too your to worry about things like this but rather just rely on others who know our situations.  I do feel though if this would help---go to the doctor--ask for an EKG and it should give you some peace.  I don't think anything is wrong personally just because I been through all of your symptoms and Im fine but it doesn't hurt to get a doctors opinion! :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

Online Kindra11

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 05:41:16 PM »
Thank you for replying! Im really thinking its anxiety as the pain  go away for a full day but gets worse when I focus on it. It's sending me into panic attack mode! Maybe I will make an appointment and give myself some peace of mind!
Bookmark and Share

Online Kindra11

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 12:25:01 AM »
I'm not sure if the lack of replies is a good thing or a bad thing  :angry-smiley-034:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hecticmente

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 01:01:54 AM »
Hi kindra11,
I would say go ahead with the appointment for that peace of mind, that helped me relax about it being heart related. I still get arm pain pretty frequently but in no longer triggers panics. Keep us posted!
Bookmark and Share

Offline ryates80

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 07:40:22 AM »
I think you're probably OK. I have/had all of that plus palpitations, which really causing me to flip out right now. Fortunately I have had all the tests for my heart except an angiogram and all has been normal. At this point my cardiologist won't redo my holster, but I'm going to try again today. The arm and chest pain is probably caused by muscle tension and moving the wrong way. Are you always tense?
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 07:49:58 AM »
Sounds muscular to me, especially if it hurts around the elbow and when you press on it.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: