Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 72 times)

Offline Hecticmente

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello
« on: December 15, 2013, 06:24:47 AM »
Greetings everyone,

So i have been lurking on this site for awhile primarily to read things that keep my mind at ease. I was diagnosed with anxiety and over stressing about a year ago but its recently gotten to its worse in the last months. I am calm most of the time when ill feel slightly nauseous and left arm pain. For awhile i was having my doubts that it was my heart and when that cleared up , i still had it stuck in my head that something deadly is wrong with me . Sure enough even though i would feel that nothing bad ever came of it I now have had a ekg  and the results were fine so the thought has eased my mind but i am still having a hard time accepting that its just stress and anxiety thats causing my stomach sickness and arm pain. I had blood work done and it showed i had a low blood count , cant recall white or red, doc said  im most likely fighting a virus and to do a follow up in three weeks. Heres the thing she told me not to worry but sometimes thats a sign of blood cancer if my count doesnt go up. She gave me ativan and sent me home now here i am trying to eat healthy and stay calm to improve my life , yet i still question myself at times because of what im physically feeling. Just wanted to say that whats really helped is reading that others feel arm pain and nausea too. I get frustrated at time times because i ask myself why me ? Why is this happening to me? Its been tough but i truly feel im making progress i  know i wont get better over night. That said thank everyone on this sight knowing im not alone eases me and makes me push past my discomfort and try to overcome. Sorry for the long intro! Best of health to you all!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 08:09:45 AM »
Hello Hecticmente and welcome to Anxiety Zone!  :action-smiley-065:

Glad you decided to join us. This community is all about sharing experience and offering support. Sorry you don't feel well at the moment. Anxiety is tricky, makes all our body sensations noticable and suspicious to our tired mind. I tend to say we feel pain, sickness etc. cus we are alive. Ain't that a good news? We are living organisms and therewith breakable. We cannot control our lives 100% and that is what makes us scared. But we can learn to let go the need for absolute control. Another good news.

I would suggest you to go through forums and find sections you're interested in. Please feel free to post and/or open new topics. We also have a lively chat room for all members over age 18, who have made 3 meaningful posts. There is always someone in the chat to talk to.

Nice to have you as a member!
Leo99
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Tags: