Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: More heart concerns  (Read 125 times)

Offline kvndl2

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
More heart concerns
« on: December 15, 2013, 04:36:36 AM »
I just wanted to ask and see if anyone else experiences this whenever they get chest pain?
Ok so, the left side of my mouth hurts/aches it's not my jaw really, it's my gums and teeth and it'll move into my ear or my shoulder, and I'll get sharp chest pains on the left side. They're tolerable, I can breathe fine but the fact that I'm getting mouth pain and shoulder pain worries me? I mean I'm only 20 and heart tests like EKGs and such have come back fine but of course being a hypochondriac I'm always worried that there was something that was missed.
But again, I'm just curious if anyone else has this issue of their mouth hurting whenever they get chest pain??? I feel like it should concern me considering jaw/tooth pain is a symptom of heart disease...
Bookmark and Share

Offline elithath

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: More heart concerns
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 05:06:46 AM »
I get a lot of jaw pain too. Do you have TMJ / grind your teeth / clench your teeth often? If you have lots of anxiety like me, you may clench without realizing it. This pain can be referred to your teeth, especially in places where your teeth meet.

You did the right think by checking out your pains with an EKG and other tests. You have to trust them. If something serious was causing those pains, they could NOT miss it. Especially multiple tests. If you can't trust a first opinion, get a second one. But after that, it only adds to your stress. If there is a 5% chance of the each doctor missing it, there's a 0.25% chance of both doctors missing it. That's really really low, and I made up that number (assuming it's less than 5%, they are professionals).
Bookmark and Share

Offline kvndl2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 05:12:36 AM »
I do actually clench my jaw a lot. I actually had to get a mouth guard for it but I just feel like this pain isn't from that, but then again your mind is a powerful thing. It's just really frustrating because I'm getting left side chest pain so I'm always concerned that it's something serious.
Thank you for your response by the way. The jaw pain could definitely be from clenching my teeth.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 06:12:19 AM »
Maybe TMJ, sinus issues can cause face pain.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: