Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Levaquin? Anyone ever take it? I'm nervous!  (Read 148 times)

Offline Mom514

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Live.Laugh.Love
    • Poke This Member
Levaquin? Anyone ever take it? I'm nervous!
« on: December 14, 2013, 05:34:14 PM »
Have a bad sinus infection. Dr prescribed levaquin 500mg 1x a day for 14 days. Taking meds makes me so nervous. Worried it will hurt me. Anyone have experience with this drug? Need some reassurance. Just took first dose. Thanks!
Bookmark and Share
I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.In this world you will have trouble.But take heart!I have overcome the world.-John16:33
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."-Philippians4:6

Offline Peaceplease

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Levaquin? Anyone ever take it? I'm nervous!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 05:38:05 PM »
I had a severe reaction to it. But I'm sensitive to a lot of meds.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mom514

Loved
  • Live.Laugh.Love
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 05:45:59 PM »
Dr said I took it last yr... So hoping if I was ok with it then, that I will be now.
Bookmark and Share
I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.In this world you will have trouble.But take heart!I have overcome the world.-John16:33
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."-Philippians4:6

Offline Mom514

Loved
  • Live.Laugh.Love
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 06:36:58 PM »
Anyone have something good to say about it? :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Outtacontrol

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 07:32:39 PM »
I wouldn't take this drug if you paid me to.  I still blame this particular drug for giving my daughter peripheral neuropathy in her feet.  God, did she ever suffer.  As a matter of fact, she still is not fully okay.  TAKE SOMETHING ELSE PLEASE!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 10:14:48 PM »
I took it for an upper respiratory infection & ear infection that 3 other drugs failed to relieve.  I was also scared to take it, but had absolutely no problems and it worked.  The worst part about it was that i was nursing my 7 month old (at that time) and had to stop nursing him (had to pump & dump) for 2 weeks (i took it for 10 days) everything was fine after that.  You will be fine. It is better just to take it & not think that much about it or you will start getting psychosomatic symptoms - part of the HA, not the drug.
Bookmark and Share
"If I could tell the world just one thing, it would be we're all ok.  And not to worry cause worry is wasteful and useless in times like these...." - "Hands" - Jewel

Offline Mom514

Loved
  • Live.Laugh.Love
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 10:46:06 PM »
Thank you. Your reply has been very helpful. Sorry about the pump and dump I know how hard that is. My daughter is 2.5 now but when she was younger I had to do the same thing. It's really hard! Especially when you struggle to produce enough to begin with.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: