Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Scared of sinus tumor  (Read 188 times)

Offline mct425

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scared of sinus tumor
« on: December 14, 2013, 02:24:28 PM »
So about two months ago I started having what I can only describe as sinus pressure...around my eyes, cheeks, temples.  It was mostly around my eyes at the time, so I went to an opthomolagist thinking it might be eye strain.  He found nothing wrong.  Two weeks later the symptoms were still there, only mostly across the bridge of my nose.  So I went to my doctor-he found nothing wrong and gave me Nasonex.  I told him my fear of a sinus and/or brain tumor and he told me there was no way I had one.  Two weeks later, still had symptoms so went back to the doctor.  He put me on a mild round of antibiotics for a possible sinus infection and adamantly insisted there was NO tumor.  Antibiotics didn't do much, although by this time the symptoms had subsided to just being across the bridge of my nose.  I went to an ENT who diagnosed me as having "sinus pressure" and again said there was no chance of a tumor given my symptoms.  He gave me a steroid pack/nasonex combo and said come back in a month.

It's now been 3 weeks and the pressure is still there (it fluctuates in intensity throughout the day but is always there in some form).  I've also started having bloody mucus when I blow my nose in the mornings (guess that might be from dry weather, furnace and nasonex).  And to top it off, I've started wondering if I have a growth in my upper mouth--or if it's always been there.   I'm going back to the ENT Monday.

In the meantime, my mind is convinced I have a sinus tumor of some sort-despite not having most of the symptoms that come with it.
I do have...
pressure across my nose
pressure between my eyes (not always)
bloody mucus in the morning (not a nosebleed)
upper teeth feel "off"--not sure if that's real or an H/A manifestation and me always touching/picking at it.

Anybody help/reassurance would be great.  My hubby can't understand why I don't believe two doctors who are so adamant that I don't have a tumor--but I feel like they can't be positive without a scan (which I know the ENT will order at my request on Monday).  Sigh...
Bookmark and Share

Offline karachondria

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Hi. I'm a teenage hypochondriac. I'm here to help💕
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared of sinus tumor
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 05:41:09 PM »
I'm having exactly the same thing! I don't think you have a sinus tumour they seem to be pretty rare? I've been a hypochondriac ever since I was about 9 and I've never googled sinus tumours. You could try the dentist for the mouth thing if your doctors aren't saying much. I think you'll be okay just don't worry
Bookmark and Share

Offline mct425

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 10:58:35 AM »
Thank you Karachondira-good to know others have these symptoms too.  How long have yours been going on?

Headed to ENT tomorrow for the 2nd time and feeling scared that none of the usual remedies have worked (antibiotics, etc.)  Makes me wonder if there's something more sinister at play.  He said no a few weeks ago...wondering if he'll still feel the same since the symptoms are still there??

Aargh.
Bookmark and Share

Offline karachondria

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Hi. I'm a teenage hypochondriac. I'm here to help💕
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 03:53:09 PM »
Quite a while, I've gotten used to it I suppose.
Good luck!!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: