Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: One week later ...  (Read 178 times)

Offline ARose318

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
One week later ...
« on: December 14, 2013, 07:49:44 AM »
Per my previous post, I had my first anxiety/panic attack on Saturday last week after over a year of NOT having one.

Since Saturday, I have been experiencing anxiety and that "on edge" feeling every single day with Sunday/Monday being the absolute worse. I went to see my Primary on Tuesday and told her what's been going on, she mentioned nothing about increasing my Zoloft (I am at 50mgs right now) but did prescribe me .25mg of Xanax to take as needed. Since Tuesday I feel like each day I feel a little better. Mornings are still the absolute worse. I used to be able to wake up, eating a huge breakfast, and get on with my day. Now, I can't eat when I get up because I'm jittery and anxious every morning. I have been taking a Xanax in the morning, eating something small, and by the time I got to work I was much much better. I have had random issues during the day, jitters, shakiness, nervous stomach, but it would pass. I would be fine at lunch, dinner, etc. Evenings have been fine as well. Sleeping is OK, I can sleep pretty well but I have noticed that everyday this week I woke up before my alarm and the minute I opened my eyes the anxiety hits.

I do not want to spend the rest of my life taking a Xanax in the morning and evening ... I was really hoping after a week I'd be doing better. This morning I actually slept in later than I have all week and the only reason I was up at 7 was because my daughter (9 months) woke up.

My anxiety is not as horrible right now, although I def. don't feel good enough to eat yet ... but I guess I'm just looking for some advice. I feel like I had a major set back and can't seem to get over it.

Am I expecting too much by thinking I would be back to normal a week later?

Oh, and I have an appointment with my Psychiatrist on Jan 28.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 73
    • Poke This Member
Re: One week later ...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 09:21:14 AM »
Getting at the possible origins, not fighting what is at the moment, may be a start. Can even talk to it, "Oh it's you again. Never mind. This is not a permanent home for you."

Finding distractions, calming exercise and meditation may ease matters until you can see the psychiatrist. CBT has helped me and many others. Maybe you can research it to get started. Wishing you all the best, keep us posted.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 10:05:51 AM »
Hi ARose...  I am sorry to hear what you are going through.  I have a very similar story.  I first had problems with panic attacks/anxiety, four years ago.  After trying a few medications, I ended-up on Remeron, 30 mg, and felt like my old self.  I did fine until this summer, when I started having breakthrough panic attacks.  I ended up a few months ago, with my anxiety returning.  What happened was the Remeron up and stopped working for me.  It is my understanding that Remeron is the #1 anti-depressant, for just up and quitting (pooping-out) on you.  But any of the anti-depressant can do this, and this might be true in your case too.  I would suggest that you contact your psychiatrist's office on Monday, explain what is going on, and try to get in to see them ASAP.  Tinam7 shared an excellent post with you, of things that you can do right now.  Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.  The best to you...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaphneNL

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 07:51:22 PM »
I don't think it's strange to feel anxious when you had a big panic attack just recently. Maybe you feel a bit betrayed by your brain, for losing control that way? You have to gain trust in yourself again and that takes a little time. Even when you're on the best drugs that are available for you, it still can happen that you have a panic attack every now and then. Things will get better. You will get stronger and you will learn how to deal with this step by step. Don't beat yourself up over this. A year without a panic attack is something to be proud of.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: